Sign in to follow this  
BOB

This is For Those Who Are In UK.

Zu,

Still having delusions about ruling the world, eh? Plonker! icon_razz.gif

GnP,

No reserves whatsoever. But its sorted, one of the nurses has agreed to go out and get all of our lunches (thank God it wasn't me).

Norf,

I also queued to renew my Oyster card

Don't tell me you've joined the commuter ranks?

NGONGE   

20. Wearing a suit in a pub is relatively normal attire.(whatever happened to good old casual..i wonder)

These questions look like they’ve been made for Aussies, South Africans or Kiwis, saaxib!

The quote above need a Somali touch. The suit bit is probably true; now, all that’s needed is another question:

21. You ask for an empty pint glass and a bottle of lucozade (Redbull if you’re posh). :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote: 20. Wearing a suit in a pub is relatively normal attire.(whatever happened to good old casual..i wonder)

These questions look like they’ve been made for Aussies, South Africans or Kiwis, saaxib!

Ngonge who eva told you aussie's wear suits have lied to you!!!...In Aussie, suits are for Weddings and Funerals..I know some somalis that were asked " you went to a funeral?" :D:D

VR: I will beat you with your Boots icon_razz.gif

Am off to bed now..

Cheers

N.O.R.F   

Don't tell me you've joined the commuter ranks?

Depends on your definition of a commuter, is getting a tube/bus to work classed as being a commuter? If so then yes, i have changed from the automobile to the peoplemobile (tube), makes a nice difference from driving each morning.

My definition of a commuter is someone who travels from outside of London in the morning and back out again in the evening.

makes a nice difference from driving each morning.

LoL...if you say so. And yeah, the first one is my definition of a commuter- Anyone who uses public transport to get to and from work. Welcome to the fold.

Zu... :D

Diamante   

*Diamante*

the moral of the topic is, if you have been living in UK for all this time don't you think that it's time to move on and unleash the real nomad that live in all of us.

Life is too short to spend on one place especially when that place happens to be a tiny island by the name of England?

Bob

I unleash the real nomad in me every summer, when I go and explore the world in 42 days, the adventures I experience each time are breath taking....indiana jones has got nothing on me ;)

But on a serious note, I wouldn't want to move too much, Soomaalida are too transitional for me as it is, and for me to go and join the trekking is too much for my poor feet.

Since I was little I was prone to my parents wanting to move to new countries and I have seen a fair share of them and it was enough for me to decide that I'd rather grow my roots in one place. So if it's dreary England, then so be it!

Hope that answers your questions mister.

Peace

P.S. Life is indeed too short to spend in one place, so I make up for it by going different places in the summer holidays. It might not be the same as actually living there, but it does have the same effect, which is you come back feeling REFRESHED!

--------------------

I don't believe in emails. I'm an old fashioned girl. I prefer calling and hanging up

Curly   

I'm thinking about making a formal complaint to London Underground. what do you think?

Seriously, the trains on Sunday were a total mess and this afternoon on my way to uni, while waiting to renew my travel card I noticed the staff was being unreasonably rude! Not to me of course :D but this poor women who couldn't speak any English who asked the ticket attendant for directions (a few times too many maybe smile.gif )...but still only to be shouted at. The guy shouted at her saying "I'VE TOLD YOU! FOR THE 5TH TIME IT'S IN ZONE 3! I HAVEN'T GOT TIME FOR THIS...GO AWAY"

And then this other blind man, who was trying to use his mobile phone as he was leaving the underground, asked for help and I seriously felt disgusted at the way the guy was looking at him. He actually looked annoyed and was practically shooing this poor blind man away with this horrid look on his face.

I then turned away and looked on at the queue ahead of me only to see the ticket attendant at the desk was shouting at another women waiting patiently at the other counter, she shouted at her to wait, when the woman hadn't even said anything to her. When it was my turn I approached the counter and asked to renew my ticket and also enquired about an oyster card form redface.gif , and she was actually rushing me along saying "yeah, yeah give me the card" practically grabbing my student photo ID card and bank card from my hand. She had no manners what so ever. Not so much as a please or a thank you, just horrid screwed face.

I walked away shaking my head and then realised she hadn't even given me my ticket I had paid for. So I went back and asked for my ticket, which she had left lying on the desk.(

Seriously really wanted to strangle her or punch her lights out! (Oh and I remember noticing she had a busted upper lip :D Maybe someone had done the honours for me)

SO What's happened to customer services?! Huh?! This is their job for god sake…they’re getting paid for this...if they don't like get another job, maybe in a morgue!

After seeing that little charade I saw one of those posters on the tunnel wall, warning customers not to assault London underground staff, something like 500 people have been prosecuted for assaulting tube staff in the passed year. I'm thinking do you blame them!?

Maybe I should make it 501!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BOB   

*Diamante*

Only 42 days? that's not good enough I am afraid but hey it's still better than nothing right?

you are definitely better than yours truly here as I haven't had the chance to unleash the nomad in me for the past 7 years and I don't think I ever will because I am having a ball just being where I am and if I ever leave my beloved Africa I will go to Asia or Caribbean because I hate cold more than anybody I know and just the thought of windy England makes me run and grab my duvet before I catch cold. smile.gif

it seems most of you are only too happy to queue and your queues are mainly related to transport which begs the question why can't you just buy your own car? then I remember the place we are talking about is England the only place on earth where a double-decked bus reaches its destination faster than a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Northerner, I thought the only place you were happy to queue for was Anfield, I bet you would even queue for their autographs :D:D .

Peace, Love & Unity.