Sign in to follow this  
Warmoog

Somali Women in Kenya

Warmoog   

Read the online version of Fazal Sheikh's "A Camel for the Son", which chronicles the experiences of Somalis in Kenyan refugee camps during the 1990s.

Englishhref> | Somalihref>

Several brave women share their very tragic experiences, so brace yourselves.

Allah (swt) knows and sees all, so may He reward the needless suffering of all these sisters and those who're still being victimized.

Salaamz.

Amiin

And may allah punish all those responsible in the needless suffering of these women, the somali war lords and militia aswell as the kenyan police men, in this life as well as the next

Walaahi i almost cry when i think of the horror and suffering that they and their daughters, who could easliy have been our mothers, our sisters, our relatives, have experienced, and are possible still in danger off, and why???

Its easy to conclude when recounting on such events, that somali people are down there with the lowest of the low amongst the worlds worset nations.

I'm going to have to buy the book because I cant read it all online.

What can someone say about the horrific experiences catalogued in the book? How easy it is to argue that wars and conflicts are the answer to problems, when they are in fact death sentences on the most vulnerable segments of society. Women, children and the elderly. Thanx for the link Yasmine.

La-y-La   

Yaa rabana, how can people do such things to each other, yaa allah.

god, it is horrible and to think that some of the people who used to do such things could be my next door neighbor, claiming to have gone through *ish.

uffey, I cant believe somalis do that to each other, I had the wrong image of ma people, dang, i just cant believe it, ohmygod.

Maskiima allah ha u gargaaro insha'allah, muslim kii rafaadsan bo.

Qac Qaac   

This is not a time for cry, and akhas to say..

we have to take revenge on all those Kenyan soldeirs that raped our somali woman, those Ethopians soldiers, and those somalies who raped the other ppl because they were born from this tribe... all of them need to be brought to justice.

Miriam1   

Ya rabi, i read the book in one sitting and iam in utter shock now, May Allah, help all those women who were raped, its a voilation beyond belief, my respect only grows for them, these are strange and sick times