Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

-Moroodi-

Daa'uud, we only keep talking about dagaaladda sokeeye dhibaatadda ay u geysteen dadweynaha iyo dhaqaalaha, laakiin, yeah, a lot of duugjoog ayaa ayaa ku baaba'ay, some native only to Soomaaliya iyo deegaanadee Soomaalida degaan.

Well-known duurjooga such as sagaaro, deer, maroodi, dameerfaloow, gari, jeer, shabeel, goronyo, daanyeerkaroow, libaax. Waa yartahay in la arko hal degan dhulkeena maanta. Most NFD Keenyatiga xooga ku heysto u qaxeen iyo beyond, oo xoolaha maankoodaba waa qabaan.

00026952.jpg

00026949.jpg

You are hard-pressed to find a goronyo [ostrich], which was native to dhulkee Soomaalida degto, like this today in Soomaaliya.

oryx_biciid.jpg

Biciid (oryx).

oryx_biciid_3.jpg

warthogs_doofaar_mogadishu.jpg

somalia_stamps_wildlife.jpg

Sagaaro, deer, maroodi, dameerfaloow, gari, jeer, shabeel, goronyo, daanyeerkaroow, libaax I was talking about.

Chimera   

Thanks for the pics MMA i was watching National geographic like a zombie middle in the night one day and i saw all these animals in Africa i thought Somalia is in Africa so i look around and heard about all these animals inhabiting Somalia, i wondered what happened to them?

if this damn conflict ended we could breed them back to healthy numbers and create another means of making a living for ordinary people in terms of Tourism in the future

this conflict was so destructive to our Nation on so many levels it's sickening

Chimera   

Originally posted by Geel_Jire12:

Didn't the Chinse Sailor( Zenghe) report seeing many wild animals in this region?

Yes chinese scholars claim the word ''chi'lin'' which means giraffe in Chinese is a corruption of the Somali word ''girrin''

but there was trade centuries before that during the 12 century chao ju kua called Somalia chung-li again scholars postulate that is also a corruption of the word ''Somali'' and centuries before that there was trade aswell when Duan Chengshi called Somalia po-pa-li

BOB   

Originally posted by Zafir:

^Say baby Maroodi in Somali val. Only folks from Kismaayo would know this methinks.

Salam Aleikum W.W

My brother I'm from Kismayo and I have no idea waxa loogu yeero maroodi yar but my buddy sitting next to me here tells me he only knows that the female maroodi is called Qalanjo...funny how the pretty Somali girls love to call themselves Qalanjo :D:D .

I have a seen a wild pride of Lions once and I remember having a nightmare about the bloody thing mauling me for a while... :(

anybody seen a wild Maroodi, Libaax etc...

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Chimera   

Man, are we collectively as a people going to hell or what? I just read the situation of our Maroodis, Geranooks and other lovely fauna of Somalia, and what a shame. We went from having one of the largest Elephant populations in Africa to one of near extinction.

Either we are on the first bus to hell, or we have been granted this Kingdom of Pain, so that each man or woman intervening/preventing this has a certified ticket to Heaven. (Ingredients of a good story methinks)