Sign in to follow this  
Naden

Racism and black soccer players...what should be done to these teams?

Naden   

These soccer players deal with so much racism playing for European teams. Don't you think there should be stronger punishment for this vulgarity?

Last Updated: Thursday, 2 March 2006, 13:16 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Blatter condemns Spain over Eto'o

By Ibrahim Sannie

Eto's says Zaragoza's ground should have been closed

Eto's says Zaragoza's ground should have been closed

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has described the 9,000 euros fine imposed on Real Zaragoza for the racist abuse of Samuel Eto'o as "ridiculous".

Zaragoza fans aimed racist taunts at the Barcelona forward during a Primera Liga match on Saturday.

"In my opinion, the disciplinary decision they have taken is ridiculous," Blatter told BBC Sport.

"It pains me to see yet another incident of racist behaviour...To be frank, it is time to get tough."

Blatter added: "Under Fifa's disciplinary code and code of ethics, severe sanctions could - and should - be applied in certain situations, leading even to the loss of points or relegation of a team."

Eto'o threatened to leave the pitch after a section of Zaragoza fans directed monkey chants at him on Saturday.

Eto'o makes anti-racism protest

Even though the 9,000 euros fine (US$10,000) is significantly larger than the usual $700 imposed on Spanish clubs for such offences, Blatter believes the Spanish federation must do more to punish those involved in racist behaviour.

"This latest incident happened to one of the world's top players, playing for a top team in a top league," Blatter said.

A severe punishment was needed to eradicate this problem from football - perhaps the closing of [Zaragoza's] stadium for a year

Samuel Eto'o

"How many other incidents - not nearly as high profile - are occurring around the world with other teams and leagues? The answer - far too many."

Blatter also said Fifa's executive committee intended to step up its anti-racism campaign.

Their meeting, scheduled for 16-17 March, will put forward new legislation to ensure there is a unified procedure against racism throughout the football world.

"We will keep this process moving by calling for stricter sanctions to be imposed in the fight against discrimination, and consequently for the Fifa disciplinary code to be revised and implemented by our member associations," he added.

Source

BOB   

it's simple: put a black dude in Charge of FIFA and Uefa or else....

Punish those teams severly and hit them where it really hurts (in the pocket) but wait a minute and listen to what I have to say...

Have them play at an empty stadium against all the bigger teams, for example in Spain.. you make sure whenever the top teams, the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Valencia and Depo come to town they play in an empty stadium and if the abuse persists then you immediately change that rule from the few teams with the large group of fans to all the teams from position one all the way down to position ten and you make sure those games don't get televised on the telly then let's see if the racist fans of Getafe (That stup!d small team) and Zaragoza (mediocre team) will enjoy watching the likes of Speedy Gonzalez and his sidekick Antonio Martinez in other word rubb!sh players..

Believe me before the club has the chance to count their massive loss of revenue the real football fans will take action and I promise you that will be the last time we hear racist chants on the terraces.. But then again who are we kidding cause that will never happen simply because no white man will ever choose a black man over his white counterpart..

Fifa and Uefa aren't serious about fighting against Racism.. so don't waste your breath my brother and just watch as your fellow African gets humiliated in front of the whole world by few ignorant chicken heads who are envious and jealous of the gift that god bestowed upon these humble Africans.

Peace,Love & Unity.

Modesty   

^^Xoolo

Yes, they should have stronger laws to prevent this kind of harrassment of black players. Europeans are very backward people, they need to teach tolerance in their school systems.

Naden   

If this is a tongue-in-cheek, please use one of the emoticons. If not, I seriously object to your cavalier use of this demeaning and hideous word.

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

Send the niggers back to Africa where they come from. European soccer belongs to the white man.

Send the niggers back to Africa where they come from. European soccer belongs to the white man.

LMAO, hahahahaaahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Send this topic to the sports section where it really belongs. Footie fans need to know not to take it personal, learn and be tough and take the remarks as it comes, hopefully in 50 yrs things might change for colored footie players in europe.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Modesty:

^^Xoolo

Yes, they should have stronger laws to prevent this kind of harrassment of black players. Europeans are very backward people, they need to teach tolerance in their school systems.

Horta waxaad ii cayday garan maayo but that is besides the point.

Black people don’t like white people claiming African nationalities, South Africa and Zimbabwe are prefect examples, why should those people tolerate black people and cater to them in their homelands?

P.S. North America is different. It doesn’t belong to the white people. They are immigrants like us.

ElPunto   

Black people don’t like white people claiming African nationalities, South Africa and Zimbabwe are prefect examples, why should those people tolerate black people and cater to them in their homelands?

P.S. North America is different. It doesn’t belong to the white people. They are immigrants like us.

HUH?????? Are you on crack?? Seeing a psychiatrist?? The white people in South Africa and Zimbabwe invaded those countries, killed the indigenous people, took over thier lands and resources, then ruled over them in racism and humiliation and you expect them to welcome them as citizens with open arms. To my mind, the black citizens of Zim and SA have been remarkably restrained in their treatment of whites there.

On the other hand, you have black players who were invited to these countries to play for them because their rich and pampered citizens pretty much suck and those very same citizens that are being represented have the gall to insult those representing them.

If this a serious post, you need a headcheck and maybe a permanent visit to a gas-chamber.

Jaylaani   

Blah balah…..You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

You can justify all you want but Europe has nothing gain and a lot to lose.

Black people in Europe invaded and abused welfare system, free medical and subsidized housing. Not to mention selling crack and f.ucking white women.

ScarFace   

Originally posted by BOB:

Fifa and Uefa aren't serious about fighting against Racism.. so don't waste your breath my brother and just watch as your fellow African gets humiliated in front of the whole world by few ignorant chicken heads who are envious and jealous of the gift that god bestowed upon these humble Africans.

Peace,Love & Unity.

very true this racial abuse seems to be getting worser but if perhaps if they had taken the Arragones incident seriously rather than handing out a pathetic fines maybe these ignorant wankers would have got the message. :D

its great to see him setting up Larsson's goal, REVENGE :D:D

ScarFace   

Black people in Europe invaded and abused welfare system, free medical and subsidized housing. Not to mention selling crack and f.ucking white women.

jaylaani YOU HAVE REALLY LOST it. you'r very welcome to see my psychiatrist. :D:D:D always happy to help out a fellow farah who has lost his plot ;)

Jaylaani   

Y’all niggers out there are too sensitive. Those athletes are making millions when some one complains about their smelly socks not to mention BO, they’re being discriminated against. Give me a break.

Why do you guys care about this any way? Discriminating happens every day in every walk of life. Get over it.

Naden   

Yes, they are millionaires, but I was curious about the lax attitude of these team owners. European sports have come a long way to reduce hooliganism. Why is racism so allowed? I don't if a comparison between these black players and white Africans is valid but the viciousness of the attacks are something else. I was wondering if these countries even debate this behaviour.