Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

Su Doku...

Laba-X   

Anyone Play this game?

Am hooked on to it as it helps shorten the daily Train journey to and from Work!

I love Su Doku, but it requires quite a bit of concentration, because you have to think ahead a lot. I especially hate it when a long train of thought is interrupted, so that's why when I want to do one, I lock myself in a room, far away from the real world.

Salma   

My God, Iam a BIG fan of the Sudoku, Iam doing it most of the time. N newspapers & the Internet. Now the fever of this game moved to my lil sister.

What life would be without Chess & Sudoku?! :D BOREDOM

Anyway for those who don't know the game.

"Sudoku, is the number 1 Puzzle sweeping the world right now. The name might lead one to believe that the puzzle originated in Japan. Well it didn't. Japan can,however, claim to have popularised the puzzle.

The name Sudoku has its roots in Japaense. An American magazine carrying a number place puzzle found its way to Japan. There the name was translated literally, before becoming the composite word : Su - Number, Doku - place. So it means "Place the Number".

The Challenge:

An unsolved sudoku puzzle consists of a 9x9 grid that has been subdivided into nine smaller grids of 3x3 squares. To solve the puzzle each row, column and box must contain each of the nimbers one to nine, Don't repeat any number twice in the same line. Puzzles come in four grades: Gentle, Moderate, Tough and Diabolical.

An example is below:-

Play sudoku

So do Sudoku & good luck smile.gif

Laba-X   

I see brother Northerner's also got the Su Doku bug!

Xu, it does not require you to lock yourself up in a solitary confinement love. It's best done "on the move".

Originally posted by Zulfa:

There the name was translated literally, before becoming the composite word :
Su
- Number,
Doku
- place. So it means "Place the Number".

Apparently the same words have a different meaning in turkish SU: Water and DOKU: Tissue or organ.

The game is a good stimulant.