Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Arabic writers: Translation of an old manuscript letter

I think you have to pay for this ,,,,,, :D

First, it is too much, second it is an old script and third, everybody is asking for a free translation ,,,,,,,,,, lool

NGONGE   

^^ Bal car fasir. :D (I dare any of you to do it). :D:D:D

Xamar Galle,

It's a letter from Suldan Cali Maxmood Suldan to the Wali of Cadan. It was written on 18/04/1908 (or 16 Rabeec Al Awal 1326). It was from the city of Laas Qori.

I'll leave the rest of the 'cadani' slang for others in here to try to translate. :D

NGONGE   

^^ The letter is written in a typical Somali style. Laba caaqil bu u so diray. Laba kale na bu ku daray. :D

Emperor   

This can not be done quickly, not as easy and straight forward as you think XamarGalle, it needs at some time, depends on what you need it for. If you want to do a write up or make a report on it then I advice you to seek and do proper translation...

NG, what a cheeky man you are, you only did translate the obvious, the date and who was it from and left the rest for the rest LOool, clever man :D

The googlers like JB are in trouble, this is in image format unless they type the whole thing again no cheating can be done through google :D

NGONGE   

^^ Wan la socda (I was going to include that but then remembered SOL's golden rules). :D:D

Emp,

Even if they could cut and paste into google they will still struggle to find any meaning, saaxib. The letter is written in Cadani slang and the spelling is all over the place.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Emperor:

This can not be done quickly, not as easy and straight forward as you think XamarGalle, it needs at some time, depends on what you need it for. If you want to do a write up or make a report on it then I advice you to seek and do proper translation...

Thanks Emperor. Yes I need its proper translation from multiple sources. I gathered SOL has sophisticated Arabic writers and speakers, so I thought I would be helped. I trust you guys and My Arabic is very basic.

Ngonge, saxibow, skip what ever that violates the golden rules and translate this document for me.

:D

NGONGE   

^^ Like I told you, it is from the said 'suldan' (not sure if that is his name or just a title) to the Wali (as in mayor) of Cadan. He says he is sending him a couple of people (from the 'tol' I suppose) and is asking him to look after them. He repeats the request again (though the new paragraph may concern a new set of people!).

The spelling is not that good and the lanaguage is that of one who learned the alphabet in a quranic school (mulcaamad) without being given the rules of 'imlaa' or 'naxaw' (in short, it's the sort of Arabic you would write if you could).

I'm in a net cafe and the keyboard here is rubbish. I will do you a proper translation the next time I use a good pc.