Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

69 degrees in da beantown

Spring in January, you gotta love this erratic weather. Iam not complaining, but where is the winter?. Blame it on El Nino or global warming, the weather here in New England has been warmer than usuall, atleast 10 degrees higher, shattering previous records. From New York, Boston to Maine, people were walking around in T-shirts over the weekend. Has global warming finally made a touchdown, and what does this warm weather mean for the enviroment and bunisseses. I know Ski restorts and Shovel makers are hurting.

Ibtisam   

I don't know you but I think it is cold! maybe it is my side of town. If it gets any colder I’m pass out. If it is global warming it needs to make a bigger touchdown (that’s me being selfish)

Shakti   

che, I was thinking the same thing this morning as i left my jacket behind(again). here is a question, i remember couple of months back u mentioning the same thing. y is it bothering u so much, i bet as u were commuting 2 work this morning,that was the only thing on ur mind.. right.?

Ps. About 10 years ago, these scientist were saying the complete opposite about global warming.. so enjoy wearing ur short sleeves and rock those skinny arms of urs :D

Baraf has yet to arrive here in Koronto.

This is the first time a decade of my residence in Kanada that baraf -- snow -- hadn't arrived and the ground is still green in Janaayo. Impossible. This is January!

It was raining like spring earlier today, as it was all week and month long, laakiin dabeyl xoog leh ayaa soo dhacday, which u badashay roobkii to flurries, which already stopped after only a few minutes and the sun is shining now.

I hope in snow la "cancel" gareeyo this year. Some natives having seen Christmas go without a white-washed city were already crying for what has to a new reality. Haka saarto.

This is how it looks like meelahee Soomaalida ku badan yihiin, the closest highways, at this very moment, live.

loc26.jpg

Islington Ave./Highway 401

loc25.jpg

Weston Rd. and Highway 401

Devil.....Erractic weather patterns that deviate from the norm seem to an adverse effects on my gal's mood.

Puja.....Iam used to cold winters. It gives everybody something to complain about.

Shakti   

How do u know that the weather is what’s effecting her moods. I don’t know even know u but sometime the things u write can be very disturbing and has a lasting effect on ones mood :D so maybe it isn’t the outside factor but rather..

anyways don’t u worry I have a tip 4 u in terms uplifting ur gals mood .. stay tuned smile.gif

Winter has finally arrived.

US still gripped by extreme cold

Ice storms have knocked out electricity supplies

Harsh winter weather is still gripping large parts of the US, leaving at least 50 people dead and hundreds of thousands without power.

A powerful storm which began on Friday has brought ice, snow, floods and high winds to a huge swathe of the country from south-west to north-east.

The north-western states of Oregon and Washington have also been hit by sub-zero temperatures and heavy snow.

The cold continues, but major eastern cities were spared the worst effects.

The storm had weakened by Wednesday in many places, but more freezing rain was forecast for Texas later in the day.

Meanwhile a state of emergency has been announced in 10 counties of California, after citrus growers said the cold weather had probably destroyed about 70% of the state's crop.

Emergency

Ice storms - in which rain falls in temperatures so low it freezes - had knocked out electricity supplies to half a million people by Tuesday.

Your pictures: US storms

More than 300,000 were still without power by the end of the day.

The worst-hit areas were Missouri, where freezing rain left behind a 7.6cm (three inch) coating of ice, and Oklahoma.

US President George W Bush has declared states of emergency in both states.

Most of those who have died were killed in weather-related accidents. One person died from carbon monoxide poisoning - a common cause of death when people without electricity use fuel-burning stoves in their homes.

In Washington state and Oregon, five inches (13 cm) of snow fell, snarling traffic on major highways and forcing motorists to abandon their cars.

First snow

As the storms moved north-eastwards they sent temperatures there plummeting and brought wave after wave of sleet and snow.

The storms passed over Maine, the most northerly state on the US east coast, but dumped some 10 inches (25cm) of snow as they did.

North of the border, eastern Canada was finally hit by the first snow storm of the winter after an unusually mild start to the season.

The weather forced 50 flight cancellations and 80 delays at Montreal and Toronto airports.