Sign in to follow this  
FatB

on the topic of magic

FatB   

we all no as muslims that sixir exists, and we no that to associate with it is equvilent to shirk. But, i have heard that in somalia and in many parts of africa people use sixir to cures people. and the only way to revers the "cures" it to counter it with another sort of sixir. now is this "counter" action of sixir exeptible in islam? or no matter what u do. sixir i all ways bad?

nuune   

Qacbaro, try it baaba, why scholars only, u r an astronomer or whatever was ur hobby lolol, man i like astronomy, i like to see that Andrmeda Galaxy, it is the closest large galaxy to the Milky Way and the only one visible to the naked eye in the Northern Hemisphere :D

professer walalo, all i know is dat sixir is not good, bad and xaaraam karaaho danbi weyn, wax kasta oo danbi ayuu wataa, Diin ahaana maba haboona in lagu dhaqmo, kolleey somalidu dhaqankooda sixirka wey isticmaalaan ayagoo siyaaba badan adeegsanayo sida booramaha fuquburaalaha ruuxaamaha wadaadada abaay sitida ama nasrada waxyaalaha la qaado faalka iyo balaaya kale,kolleey siyaaba kala duwan bey u isticmalaan, balse noocuu doonaba ha noqdee Diinteenu wey xarrimtay isticmaalka iyo ku camal falka sixirka iyo waxyaalaha la xiriiraba.

FatB   

Boolbaro

brother having been raised in the "west" my af somaali has diterriated, this is not to says that i am a "no hoper" but i prefer to read in english rather than somali. so, unfortunally i have not understood intiraly wat u said, i ask u pleace re-write it in english...

profesor, I urge you to learn your mother language in the first place. Now, here is the translation from boolbaro:

Brother profesor, all I know is that sixir is not good, bad and taboo. It is an undesirable major sin. With it lies every sin. Islamically, it is an irrelevent to have it on practice. Though the Somali culture accomadates the usage of sixir through numerious means, for instance, booramaha, fuquburaalaha, ruuxaamaha, wadaadada, abaay sitida, or nasrada the things that take predictive arts (faalka= the art of prediction) and other bad things. However, they use for different purposes, but whichever it might be, our religion has forbiden both the usage and the practicality of magical believes and things that pertain to it.

By the way, does anyone of you know what boorano or abaaysiti means in english? Very hard to translate in english, though. lol I will consult with my English-Somali dictionary.

OG Moti   

Bro professor

You do not cure sixir with sixir, who told you that, and people who use sixir against sixir, are just doing the same thing, they are removing sixir with another which will stay and do damage till it is removed with another that will take its place.. so it will always be there.. curing sixir is possible, you cure it with Qur'an and prayers, do not believe sixir will remove sixir, it might but the new sixir will take its place, so any form of sixir is unacceptable by Islam and there is not such good sixir.. reading certain suura and aayah of Qur'an cures sixir.. wabilahi al toowfiiq wa allahu a'alam .. peace