Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Hiiraan Online editor interviewed on MSNBC....

Kashafa   

...over the Qur'an oath controversy. Click it

I think he might be the first Somali-American(Somerican ? Somalian-American ? whatever) interviewed on a major TV network. Macalinka has already got down the mannerisms and cadence of TV-talk, lol. Brother done good.

LST, you up next, homey. Iska celi hee :D

Another

covering the manufactured controversy on the "fair and balanced"

Kashafa, how is he a Hiiraan Online editor, it says that he is representing the Minnesota Monitor, not Hiiraan Online, unless he is a contributing editor for Hiiraan? Why hasn't he mentioned it on the tv interview that he was involved with Hiiraan? Don't you think Hiiraan Online deserves their name mentioned as much as Minnesota Monitor? Isn't Minnesota Monitor a paper?

I think he might be the first Somali-American(Somerican ? Somalian-American ? whatever) interviewed on a major TV network.

Not correct. Omar Jamal was on the O'reiley factor when the movie black hawk down was out,when was that movie out? 2002? Another famous Somali American was Hussein Aideed,he appeared on Geraldo just after 9/11,where he took Geraldo to Luuq and showed the former madrasas of Al-itihad and pointed out: "They are here" LOL.

Dont get too excited now. One thing tho',he probably was the best speaker among all of them. smile.gif

Wiilo   

Minnesota Monitor a paper?

Minnesota Monitor is not a paper but it is online

thing.

This guy is also Hiiraan online editor, you can find he articles on hiiraan.com and you can also find his own blog on twin cities daily planet.net

He is probably first Somalian Journalist on cable network.

http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/?q=

http://www.minnesotamonitor.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=980

Kashafa   

^^ Oh I get it now. Thanks for the info.

LG, Wiilo broke it down. I think he's a contributing editor with Hiiran Online, and not the main-man editor. I guess MSNBC was interviewing him in his capacity as a Minnesota Moniter report who was covering the Kieth Ellison story.

Brown, we need more media-savvy 'Malis in the public arena, man. In the next few days, if the war back home gets any bigger, you can be sure that it'll get mucho attention from the media. Somebody has to do the talking and explaining and pontificating ! lol.

lol@"They are here". Aideed Jr. is trippin'.