galbeedi

Hacaalu Hundessaa, Killings of people's hero is always a colonial project to demoralize those who are seeking freedom.

galbeedi   

The Oromo nation is mourning for the last few days, after the senseless assassination of the beloved artist, singer/song writer Hacaluu Hundessaa.

No one knows who are the killers are and the government of Abiy Ahmed is erratically pointing fingers to many places. The singer was jailled in 2003 for composing and singing Oromo freedom songs. He spend five years in jail. He composed his early songs in jail. In 2015, his song " Maalin Jira (my existence" gossiping the annexation of Oromoia land by the TPLF was the culprit that ignited the Oromo revolution that deposed the centuries long dictatorship.

The man is a symbol of Oromo pride and nationalism. By far he is the top Oromo singer loved by millions. Last week he gave interview to the Oromo Media Network owned by Jawar Mohamed and criticized Abiy government. Yesterday, I speculated that the TPLF might have a hand in this to create mistrust among Oromo. Yet, evidence might lkead to other groups especially Amhara. The singer is contesting Addis to be included to the Oromia land and those who staunchly opposed any Oromo presence of the Ethiopian capital are Amhara.

Today I met an Oromo quittance of mine and I said, to him, " I do believe the Amhara could be the killers". He immediately jumped and said, " don't say that because that statement might create a civil war in Ethiopia, and according the latest news, the government is accusing WAyaane on the assassination of the artist". 

To kill the people's heroes and those they hold dear has been always the work of colonizers to demoralize those seeking freedom and make them feel hopeless. And if there is anyone who has a colonial trait in Ethiopia, it is the evil Amhara. The George Floyd anti racist movement is destroying sacred cows and those who enslaved and oppressed people. Soon the statue of Menelik and company will come down in Ethiopia regardless of who is in power. Haile Salasie staue in London has been already destroyed by Oromo diaspora. Ahmed Abiy, the man who gained the power through Oromo blood and revolution is becoming pro Menelik and Amhara. 

Since the TPLF decided to boycott Ethiopia and seek separation at the last resort, who is this preacher counting to defend him?. 

In another news, an insider in Jigjiga told a very strange news last week. He said Mustafe Cagjar is not connected to the Oromo federal leadership at all. Even Abiy Ahmed himself was pushed by Oromo leadership to replace him few times, but he is protected by the highest Amhara federal leadership including the deputy prime minister and Amhara regional leadership. He said that in Jigjiga if you wrong any Amhara you could be locked up for good ( Amhaaradu Jigjiga waa laandherre yaal cidi sidaas u eegta police ayaa la kacaya). 

https://youtu.be/Wv3he6CGF3E?t=77

1 hour ago, galbeedi said:

He said Mustafe Cagjar is not connected to the Oromo federal leadership at all. Even Abiy Ahmed himself was pushed by Oromo leadership to replace him few times, but he is protected by the highest Amhara federal leadership including the deputy prime minister and Amhara regional leadership. He said that in Jigjiga if you wrong any Amhara you could be locked up for good ( Amhaaradu Jigjiga waa laandherre yaal cidi sidaas u eegta police ayaa la kacaya). 

Not sure what you’ve heard is true or not, since we know you and your sources—but, if it is the case that Cagjar and the authorities  are protecting the Amhara or for that matter any other non Somali in Jigjiga, then I applaud such a policy.

Regardless of your views of the competing ethnic communities of Ethiopia, you should never debase yourself to such a point as to welcome the harming of non-Somalis on any Somali territory on the planet.

As Ethiopia continues to exorcise its demons, the pragmatic way forward for Cagjar is to resist, at every corner, getting Somalis dragged into Ethiopia’s civil strife.

• Thanks 1

galbeedi   

Warya Tilamook,

I wasn't rooting for any harms to anyone. I am not anarchist. We Somalis always treat well others especially those who leave among us. Every citizen' s rights must be respected regardless of his ethnic background and those who are minorities.

My contention is just like Cabdi Illey went to Makele with bag full of cash , Mustafe Cagjar took millions of Ethiopian Bir to Amhara capital to compensate those who lost businesses during the Jigjiga uprising while Somalis who were displaced are living in tents. He is courting Amhara and speaking with their tone and agenda. I didn't what was going on but was finally cleared that Cagjar is protected by Amhara. He is their man.

Few months ago Jigjiga streets were closed for two consecutive days for the celebration of Amhara day with local traffic banned for those two days. WE don't even have Somali day in Jigjiga or Somali Galbeed. Amharic programming is broadcast full time now in the regional Television. do you thing Amhara will ever broadcast Somali language in their region or even the federal level? I don't think so.

Furthermore, there are unverified reports that Soomali Liyu Police were sent to Oromia region to subdue the protesters which is absolutely uncalled for. 

If the shit hits the fan , as Che used to say, we have to be on the right side of history  this time.

Also, the Amhara had historically assassinated and killed Oromo leaders for the last century. They killed the young king Eliyasu and took  his throne accusing him of converting to Islam. Haile Salasi took his position. Menelik beheaded Oromo leaders and cut the breast of Oromo women. That is they have statue in Ambo. Mengistu killed the first Oromo president Tafari Bante .

Since Jawar came back to Ethiopia, the Amhara were clamoring for his arrest or assassination. The Amhara knows when they see a lion. there is a saying, " we are not afraid of lions led by sheep, but we are afraid of sheep led by lion". It is not the TPLF who are clamouring for Jawar but the coward Amhara who only knows plotting and creating mayhem. 

Finally, they are my real enemies.