Sign in to follow this  
QueenSoccer

Do you think you would get alone with white or black forlks.

i am not being rednake or what ever you call it smile.gif .i aks a question as a somali person and pleast don't get mad on me ;) .i am just doing my freedom of speech icon_razz.gif . for me i prefere the company of somalis. :cool:

I think its the case of take them as the come and be carefull not to generelise and sterotype ppl.

I like chilin with my somali ppl very much, but i also have very good friends that are niether somali no muslim.

I think you must make the effort to cross paths with the people that u live with, if not for your sake perhaps for the sake of allah, rember we are suppose to be examples to mankind your a somali and so you should enjoy chilin with ur ppl. But also rember that your a muslim and that your human just like the people with which u share ur streets and class room.

Personally, I do get on very well with non-somalis or non-muslims. In fact, most of my friends are black/asian and only a few Somalis.

I dont think you should judge a book by its cover, nor a person by his/her ethnicity. Friendship is something that hasn't got colour/race/religion or whatnot. Of course its nice to have someone from your "neck of the woods" but sometimes you dont have a choice.

Just make sure that at the end of the day, you dont have identity issues and that you know where you're from...

Hope that helped!

~harmonyangel~

Jamilah   

Asalamu Calykum,

I dislike the way black people automatically assume you are acquainted it really is awakward especially when you are occupied with white friends they always ask "Do you know him/her"

As for the white people teachers always seem to be surprized when you always get the top marks and when you correct them whether it me grammatically or a mathematical problem.

So i guess they both have their pros and cons. But i pefer the white people, if i ever live in America (which i would never step foot in) i would pefer to speak like the white people.

Salaam