Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Rageh inside Iran..

Ms DD   

I have watched this programme on BBC4. it was enlightening, however it wasnt the hard-hitting of reporting i was expecting. Mainly because it was the censoring by the govt. Nevertheless it was an eye-openner.

Iran is definitly on my list of countries i want to visit

I see i'm not the only one who's showing an interest in Persian women :D

No, seriously, Iran is a fascinating nation, so admirable yet so alien.

Their religious life is very different to what we are used to, and sometimes makes you contemplate whether they are 'with us' or just a totally foreign entity.

Rageh Omaar has been somewhat of an icon, and he's doing us proud. I was especially happy to see he's a devout muslim.

Chimera   

lol centurion , i found the crossing the streets part funny but when he said 28 thousand people die every year as a result of road accidents i was like :eek:

when i looked at the video i also got this sad feeling cause Somalia used to be like this, nice and peacefull people doing their day to day stuff no worries on their heads, sunshine and sandy beaches

:(

Lool, its not often a senior foreign corespondent gets his ear pulled :D , that was hilarious, and so was his akward laugh.

when i looked at the video i also got this sad feeling cause Somalia used to be like this, nice and peacefull people doing their day to day stuff no worries on their heads, sunshine and sandy beaches

Yes, it makes you wonder where Somalia would've got to by now, i mean i have no doubt whatsoever that we could have been (and were for a while) a major African success story.

Dhubad.   

Very informative video. I like the way Rageh approached the Iranian president "Hi my name is Rageh, I am from Somalia but also with the BBC " :D