Sign in to follow this  
baalcade

Lost Boys

baalcade   

A moving piece of video by Rageh Omar about the Young Somali boys in London who are being killed by none other than by other Somali boys who has become a street gangs, who want to get their hands on any Somali boy attacking with viciousness.

Another masiibo kale. Soomaali iyo masiibo isdaba socoto, kala harin waayadaan, ayee noqotay. Ama ha joogaan London, ama ha joogaan Yeman, ama badda Yeman intii la gaarin, ama saxarada Liibiya iyo Masar, ama badda Talyaaniga iyo Liibiya u dhaxeyso, kuwii xerooyinkii qaxootiga ka buuxay haba sheegin, kuwii dalkeenana ku dhibaateysan haba ku darin.

Eebboow noo gargaar.

Coloow   

I have watched the first part. It is a moving film. Unfortunately, it is in English. It should be made into a DVD and distributed to every somali family in big cities across the world.

I think they are four underlying problems to this issue and the many other issues that have affected our people.

1: The taboo; The birth rate among somalis. It seems that somalis are still caught up in the old of tradition of producing offsprings. It is not bad to have a large family- but one should think before dipping. Because of low education; false blv that more kids more welfare etc, somalis don't understand that kids come with a huge responsibility; there is no adeer, habaryar, abti and the whole village that raised the kids.

2: The Internet is proving to be a contributing factor; I have been told mothers and fathers alike spend much of their time logging on BAAL-TOOL before they can utter a word of english and the other languages. A parent has no idea to what their kids are upto when they are attending cyber fadhi ku dirir, cyber shukaansi and the rest of the evils.

3; Qaad; Qaad, qaad. This social drug is killing our society. Fathers sit hours munching. Mothers too!

and the fourth issue;

Our people have attended a school called making easy mother. It seems that we defy the basic logic of there is no free lunch.

I know I might be generalising and that there are thousands of families whose kids are ok- but gang mentality is like a cancer. It will spread.