Sign in to follow this  
Zafir

More debate over report on Israel's influence in US

Zafir   

Supporters cite freedom of speech, need to discuss topic. Detractors say it promotes 'crass bigotry.'

By Tom Regan | csmonitor.com

Coverage of the debate over the recent paper by professors Stephen Walt of Harvard and John Mearsheimer of the University of Chicago that examines the influence of Israel and its supporters in Washington over US foreign policy has been, mostly, absent from US media. But the paper generated vigorous debate in the British and international media and on the Internet. Since the working paper's release, there have been several more attacks on it, but also more support for the professors' position on the need to look hard at the US-Israel relationship.

The Financial Times reports on Wednesday that Harvard Law School's Alan Dershowitz posted a 15,000-word response to the Walt-Mearsheimer paper on the Kennedy School of Government site, where the original report appeared. In his response to the paper, Professor Dershowitz denounced the work of the two professors as having an “illogical and conspiratorial approach.â€

“What would motivate two recognized academics to issue a compilation of previously made assertions that they must know will be used by overt anti-Semites... that will give an academic imprimatur to crass bigotry and... place all Jews in government and the media under suspicion of disloyalty to America?â€

The publication of the response paper marked the first time in the Kennedy School’s history that it has allowed faculty from other schools at Harvard to answer back directly to the work of any of its professors.

Read The Rest

Hayat   

Zafir,

it does not take highly accalimed intellects to send forth this notion. Any individual with a common sense can see that the US is greatly inflenced by Israel. have you ever read the historical context of Coloumbus's discovery of America, he had bloody jews as companions. if that does not provide a basis for a relationship, i don't know what will.

but this assertion was clearly demonstrated by the Bush administrations failure to overlook the fact that thousands of Jews did not turn up for work, on the septmeber 11 attacks. lets just say that the israel's have the US wrapped around their little finger. icon_razz.gif

-Lily-   

I don't think it's such a big shock to academics and students in teh Uk. There is already a huge anti-american and anti-Isreal sentiment and the consequences this has for the world. I think though, apart from stating the obvious from where I am looking, it's good that such two respected academics put it on paper black and white. We need to break away from the mentality that all Israeli criticism is anti-semetic. And this is such a step forward of course.

Khalaf   

but this assertion was clearly demonstrated by the Bush administrations failure to overlook the fact that thousands of Jews did not turn up for work, on the septmeber 11 attacks. lets just say that the israel's have the US wrapped around their little finger.

And the fact that 4 Israeli secret Mossad agents disguising themselves as art students were arrested by the FBI shortly after 911. What happened, happened and I trust that no matter how many times man plots, we are all under the plot of Allah. His decree will come about.

But its hard to believe bunch Arabs learned to fly commercial planes in short period, went undetected for all those months( foreign Arabs have always been spied upon since the 70s), and this was master plan of man in cave somewhere in Afghanistan. Insult to the human intelligence! And never was 911 investigated.

Waterlilly don’t be deluded, UK, France, EU, US are all for support of Israel and against the Muslim Nation so their “anti-israli, us†doesn’t mean nothing. The Jewish influence is just stronger in the US. And to your signature: ALLAH HELP THE MUSLIMS, Ameen. Peace

pink   

i didnt have time 2 read all ur topic.....

But it is true that there is a lot of zionist influece on the US. and its starting to flood our goverment in britian...i last heard that the spokes person of Ariel Sharon has now moved to Britian and is working for Tony Blair.