Sign in to follow this  
Shakti

Tired of making dagahiyyo ~ try Zeppole

Shakti   

During Ramadan I have tendency of watching cooking channel every afternoon. Oddly enough, it seems to help with my hunger…

so yesterday I came across this easy make, Italian bur-Kuskus recipe called Zeppole...After watching the show, I quickly made an attempt in making the darn thing… gosh it was easy, extremely delicious, and soft to the very last bite however not so soft on the hips .So be advised!

Here is the recipe for u people ( brothers, u too can make this easy recipe 2 impress/depress that special person in ur life)

Zeppole

1tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup sugar, plus 3 tablespoons

2 tablespoons ground cinnamon

1 stick butter

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup water

1 cup all-purpose flour

4 eggs

Olive oil, for frying

in a small bowl Add the 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine. Set aside.

In a medium saucepan combine the butter, salt, 3 tablespoons of sugar,1tsp vanilla extract, and water over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Take pan off the heat and stir in the flour. Return pan to the heat and stir continuously until mixture forms a ball, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the flour mixture to a medium bowl. Using an electric hand mixer on low speed, add eggs, 1 at a time, incorporating each egg completely before adding the next. Beat until smooth. If not frying immediately, cover with plastic wrap and reserve in the refrigerator.

Meanwhile, pour enough oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375 degrees F.

Using a small ice-cream scooper or 2 small spoons, carefully drop about a tablespoon of the dough into the hot olive oil, frying in batches. Turn the zeppole once or twice, cooking until golden and puffed up, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Toss with cinnamon-sugar. Arrange on a platter and serve immediately.

ps. feel free 2 mail me some :D 4 approval of course

Zafir   

This is hilarious. Last week flipping through channels Oprah had this French chef on. He was showing the views how to make simple pastries, well; it was sort of like yours

Some salt (was what I understood)

Water

1 cup all-purpose flour

4 eggs

Olive oil, for frying

Sugar

Slice up a banana, dip it in this pancakey dough and fry it.

I was going to make Malawax anyways, so I thought “why not†and so I proceeded. Btw I perfected making malawax to its core baby; so far I ate 174 malawaxs thus far, I just love the damn thing. Back to the story, I had totally forgot that I have added milk to the malawax dough and and fried it. Though I still ate it, it was fried banana in a malawax shell. Didn’t look anything like the one I saw on TV.

SeeKer   

^^Maybe next time you should try adding some berries instead of bananas in your mixture. I like blueberries and blackberries. Personally I think cooking should be a personalized thing. If you notice everyone cooks the same dish differently. In our own home alone, when I am in the kitchen and people are helping out, I am the master chef. So, even though you might know how to cook your own version bajia, mahamri, kaymati.....etc. You will do wise to abide by my orders otherwise you might just land on your ears on your way out the door. :D

Angel can you post a pic so we can actually see how the finished good is supposed to look like?

Shakti   

I 4got all about this bad-boy ..ok sisters/brothers Eid is coming… so don’t 4get to attempt this delicious soft things, I guarantee u gone love it!!! if not, ur time back….u can also make this as form of dissert for ur guests and family

Zifar …. Faraax cooking is always pleasant to read.. although some faraaxs, consider making tea as form of cooking but still good stuff

Val.. C’mon ..one of the point of doing stuff is seeing the result of ur abilities. Make it once and after that buy it all u want.

Seeker

Here is some pic I found in google and fliker smile.gif

The Original zeppolle

232361419_3c7a4e55c5_m.jpg

ZEPPOLEnatale5520.jpg

These zeppolle have custard on top of them, as seeker said “If you notice everyone cooks the same dish differentlyâ€

114848820_9539fa3e4c_m.jpg

spaceball.gif

181010660_f61330d5e2.jpg

me   

Bari waa hilib, maraq iyo federation with moos ('salad' just for the looks, it wont be touched) followed by xalwad iyo bur!

Zafir   

^^Maxaad qashin caloosha ku shubatay. (if you would have touched the salad, I wouldn't have called your jacburis food "qashin").

I am half Eritrean, with Somalis inhabits of Ethiopia are to be considered habashi, so I suppose you could say I am half habash.

me   

^^^^ I could have guessed it no self respecting Somali would know what 'zigni' is. The real Somalis keep it with hilib iyo caano geel. If you think I am being ignorant then you are on to something. I am a budh waving hill billy.

However I can be bribed with the following.

anjeerot.jpg

pitaleivat.jpg

Sambuusit.JPG

anjeerosugo.jpg

me   

^^ No I am asking you to show me a cheek and I will arrange a meeting with my budh. (NOOOO PUN INTENDEDDD!!!!!)

me   

Can't fight the inner Faarax! to be honest though this caano geel stuff doesnt really do it for me.

I miss muufo, maraq iyo moos. Or a nice cambuulo with macsaro iyo mareerey. Or maybe hadhuub with caano garoor iyo muqmad.