Suldaanka

The UN will draft election laws for Cheeseman

UNSOM.UNMISSIONS.ORG

Mogadishu – Somalia’s international partners* reaffirm their commitment to supporting preparations for the 2020/2021 federal elections.   In order for elections to be held on time, it is essential that...

After 3 years of banging their heads on the wall and not moving an inch forward. Cheeseman accepted for the UN write a draft law regarding the S/Elections.

Partners have continued to provide technical support to the NIEC to jointly prepare and present options for Somali actors to resolve the outstanding issues in the draft bill.  At the request of the speakers of the two houses, the United Nations has provided a document, prepared jointly with the NIEC, with details of these options for their consideration. 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

What is the chance of Cheeseman even pulling off something similar to HSM's S/Election process? I think it is next to zero.

HSM had a lot of political credit coming into his final year. He spent that credit very wisely and pushed along.

However, Cheeseman has created such a toxic political environment that it is highly unlikely a smooth coordinated S/election process will ever take place. 

I remember it was in July 2019 when Khaire spent a whole 2 weeks in Dhuuso Mareeb and after more than 6 months there is no end in sight for GalMudug elections. 

If it is taken Khaire and Cheeseman 6 months and still counting, can you imagine trying to coordinate issues across a wider geographic setting? 

WWW.MUSTAQBALRADIO.NET

Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Jamhuuriyadda Federaalka Soomaaliya, Xasan Cali Khayre, ayaa maanta magaalada Dhuusamareeb ee xarunta Galmudug ku qaabilay wafdi ka socda wasaaradda Gaashaandhigga dalka Qatar...