Sign in to follow this  
Yaabka-Yaabkiis

Somalia Top ten Richest Guys...

Yaabka, I have a problem with the title of the thread.

Where did you get the notion that there are only rich guys in the somali community and not rich women?

If I were u, I wouldn't start segregating the sexes.

Where did you get the notion that there are only rich guys in the somali community and not rich women?

If I were u, I wouldn't start segregating the sexes

it is not sense of segregation, it is i never head somali-wellknown-richwoman....if you know any tell us please...

mr ceel dheeroow intee ku ilowday diidi koba laabe jirde hussein iyo kuwa kale maalka meel ay kala geeyaan waysan

There were but not now i think so, cuz i dont hear their business activities...

ps Hadi aan dhahay Adow was born in Ceeldher, is that make i also was born in ceeldheer--i born in mugdisho and grew up in Qurbo....

peasant   

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

They did not make into this lis too since liberation and currently the first woman ranks in the 12th position..very close but not yet there. may be another century or so.. :D

1)William Gates III

2)Warren Buffett

3)Carlos Slim Helú

4)Ingvar Kamprad

5)Lakshmi Mittal

6)Sheldon Adelson

7)Bernard Arnault

8)Amancio Ortega

9)Li Ka-shing

10)David Thomson

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by peasant:

quote:Originally posted by LayZie G.:

They did not make into this lis too since liberation and currently the first woman ranks in the 12th position..very close but not yet there. may be another century or so..
:D

1)William Gates III

2)Warren Buffett

3)Carlos Slim Helú

4)Ingvar Kamprad

5)Lakshmi Mittal

6)Sheldon Adelson

7)Bernard Arnault

8)Amancio Ortega

9)Li Ka-shing

10)David Thomson
The Mexican telecoms Carlos Slim and the microsoft founder Bill gates have lost richest ranking to Mukesh Ambani.

The five richest people in the world with their net worth:

1. Mukesh Ambani ($63.2 billion)

2. Carlos Slim Helu ($62.2993 billion)

3. William (Bill) Gates ($62.29 billion)

4. Warren Buffett ($55.9 billion)

5. Lakshmi Mittal ($50.9 billion

One of the somalis's richest men is Haji Ibrahim (Uunlaye). smile.gif

Yaabka Yaabkiisa, ignorance is not an excuse eedo.

Just because you don't know something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, and I will not do your homework for you.

After all, you are the poster, so dig up the info, start asking around and you will find answers.

peasant   

Ismahaan mukash amabani was worth only 20 billion last year

on forbes. are you sure that you did not dig those figures from an indian site? :D

Chimera   

Somali companies and sectors that will generate more Somali millionaires and a unique generation of Somali billionaires in the near future insha-allah:

Telecommunications - 100k mobile subscribers and growing| 500k internet subscribers - countrywide boom(who's revenues have attracted foreign TLC companies seeking to invest in Africa) - ~200 million -700 million USD (compare to one TLC company like BTC operating in a small country like the Bahamas with similar cheap costs | two Somali TLC companies were highlighted during East Africa Com showing their steady rise in the East African market

Money Transfer

Example: Dahabshiil(1000 branches) - handles 1 billion USD a year(largest transfer company in East Africa) CEO Abdirashid Duale takes his fair share, same with the six or seven other transfer companies

SomGulf group - 100 million - 300 million USD - a Turner CC in the making.

Ogsadey Family - M.A.O Corporation - 250m - 1.5 billion USD - first exporter of coffee and currently one of the largest in Africa

Certified Millionaires & multi-millionaires

Rageh Omar - million $ book deal - million $ Al-Jazeera deal

K'naan - world class artist

Iman - CEO of IMAN COSMETICS

Nurrudin Farah - one of Africa's greatest writers has sold millions of books in 20 languages

Yasmin Warsame - Supermodel - 10 - 20 fashion shows a year, not rocket science..she is loaded

Mohammed Ibrahim Yassin Olad - Founder of Daallo Airlines

Abdirizak Issak Ido Founder and President of Nationlink Somalia

There are more that will be added to the list and other Somali business sectors and their honest profiteers have not been illuminated yet..but i gotta go..

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by peasant:

Ismahaan mukash amabani was worth only 20 billion last year

on forbes. are you sure that you did not dig those figures from an indian site?
:D

Not really :)

Here we are talking about a guy who became the richest person in the world in a country where people still die of starvation but the figure is true. By the way bill gates has lost his tittle as the wold's richest man in 2007, toppled by the carlos slim.

check this out:

Mukesh Ambani became the richest person in the world

Mukesh Ambani became the richest man in the world

Billionaire Mukesh Anbani on monday became the richest person in the world

Nurrudin Farah - one of Africa's greatest writers has sold millions of books in 20 languages

Yasmin Warsame - Supermodel - 10 - 20 fashion shows a year, not rocket science..she is loaded

I agree with ya , Thanks for ur info, This wat we supposed to share and know among us...at least we can tell if someone ask who are the top richest in somalia...

Yaabka Yaabkiisa, ignorance is not an excuse eedo.

Just because you don't know something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, and I will not do your homework for you.

After all, you are the poster, so dig up the info, start asking around and you will find answers

Lazy, I hope you doing great there( whereever u are )

Secondly, You know why i posted: " Who are the top richest somali guys" is because i was looking for info....other then that even if we say top 50 richest in somalia, i am sure Naag somali maku jirto......Haddi laga reebo Iman and Yaasmiin...

MZanzi   

Originally posted by MyOwnBoss:

[/

i think you forgot IMAN

Iman was the first African model and Supermodel in the USA to grace the cover of Vogue.

i think she is the RICHEST

MyoWnboss Layzie GIRL si reer magaal nimo kugu sheegtay bajaqyaal somali oo Oveloaded ah ineey iran laakin waa ka hoos baxday

NAAGTAN Qof somali ka lacag badan inu jiro ma umalenay

MZanzi   

Originally posted by MyOwnBoss:

Secondly, You know why i posted: " Who are the top richest somali guys" is because i was looking for info....other then that even if we say top 50 richest in somalia, i am sure Naag somali maku jirto......

sxb Nin somali meesha waxba maku Haayaan

lacagtooda dhan haisku so darsana all the richest somali men i still bleive they will never get close to IMAN