Sign in to follow this  
Conscious Manipulation

Lauryn Hill attacks Catholic Church

Singer attacks Catholic Church

It is expected Lauren Hill's performance will be cut from the show

Hip hop singer Lauryn Hill has caused controversy by severely criticising the Roman Catholic Church during a concert at the Vatican.

She told the audience, which included senior church officials, that the church had been corrupted by its clergy.

Ms Hill alluded to high profile cases of sex abuse of children by priests in the US.

It is expected her speech and performance will be cut from the concert when it is aired on Italian TV on Christmas Eve.

'Exploitation and abuse'

The comments came in a huge hall used by the Pope for his weekly addresses.

"God has been a witness to the corruption of his leadership, of the exploitation and abuses ... by the clergy," she said.

Standing just yards from five of the most senior cardinals in the Roman Catholic faith, Hill told the crowd to seek blessings "from God not men" and said she did "not believe in representatives of God on earth".

She then went on to sing a song about social injustice which was not the one listed on the programme.

Organisers of the concert have said it is likely her outburst and performance will not appear in the final cut.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

I read it this briefly this morning.

My question, what would lead the catholic church

to invite this WACKO otherwise known as

'Lauryn Hill'. She was in an insane asylum not too long ago and she is soooo high on her self-rightousness. She was very disrespectful to the church and should get (fill in the blank) for her comments.

What benefit would her comments make anyways

but to make catholic people turn away from God and the Church and to what???? Mostly likely the majority would become outright Kafirs then, as this is the case with most people who have have found a problem with their religion.

Lauryn Hill needs to get (fill in the blank) for making such insulting comments. There is a time and place for everything and a mannerism to get your points clear. ****** yankees have no respect for any of this or anybody but themselves and Lauryn Hill is nothing more than an

'ARROGANT YANKEE'.

Fi Amanallah

Miriam1   

^^^^^ What in Allah's good names are u talking about!!!

Seriously now, you are actually defending the Catholic Church, Her comments to begin with didnt tell anyone to turn away from god, but not to use the priests as mediators between God and his creations..and thats what the priests think of themselves my friend !

She needs to be what....for making isulting comments to a church that has allowed child abuse for Allah knows how long...and why in Allahs name would you like the thousands who believe in the Catholic church to go on with such a corrupt irrational religion!

..if they take her advice, they would probably try to find the true religion, ie Islam.

And wait people who believe in the Catholic church are not outright Kafirs !? I fail to see the difference.....

Please research the orgins of the Catholic Church before you make such comments.

N.O.R.F   

Isnt she actually condoning what they did (the priests)by performing there. If she believed in this issue so much surely she could have declined the offer and instead given out her message of disapprovement through the media (well she is with sony/columbia i think).

Miriam1   

^^ Umm in a way i agree with you, if u disagree with a concept u dont go where its is being supported..but thats the way she went about it, to go to their event and try humiliate them, does that make her comments invalid or untrue?

N.O.R.F   

good point, she highlited how Catholics preach goodness but are totally diff in real life, they tried brushing this under the carpet, like they do with alot of things,,,,,

Khayr   

Salaamz

Jawahiir said

if they take her advice, they would probably try to find the true religion, ie Islam.

I don't know about you but the people that I have met that complained about any religion including the catholic church, weren't exactly too fond

of accepting another religion.

So I disagree with you, people will not be exiting one religion to enter another religion.

A minority of people might, but the majority of people become Kuffar.

Its very dreamy and naive of Muslims to think that by 'Disproving' the validity of a religion,

that people will come to know the 'truth' and

rush on over to ISLAM.

Its the 21st century and the popular WORLD RELIGION today is called MODERNITY & LIBERALISM and there lord is the MIGHTY BUCK.

Religion is only practiced by most people when it is convenient and on a part time basis.

And wait people who believe in the Catholic church are not outright Kafirs

They are Ahl-Al-kitab/People of the Book

and are not kuffars.

why in Allahs name would you like the thousands who believe in the Catholic church to go on with such a corrupt irrational religion!

You don't have to agree their religion or beliefs but its the Hikmah of Allah that they do exist and that Allah sent a prophet for them.

N.O.R.F   

Its the 21st century and the popular WORLD RELIGION today is called MODERNITY & LIBERALISM and there lord is the MIGHTY BUCK.

Religion is only practiced by most people when it is convenient and on a part time basis.

Yeah like Christmas,,,,,,politics is their ruler,,,walaahi when u see white ppl talking seriously about politics, its disturbing,,,,,

Miriam1   

Its funny how u ignored all my earlier comments and responded to where you felt there is was an argument in.

I hate arguments over the net so i will cut this short....

1-the people I have met were looking for something else..and thats to me a search for truth..i suppose we live in alternative universes Khyer.

2-"Its the 21st century and the popular WORLD RELIGION today is called MODERNITY & LIBERALISM and there lord is the MIGHTY BUCK"

I agree with you on that, its a sad truth in our world, but that does not underscore the fact that their religon is corrupt to its core and following the lesser evil doesnt make it right.

3-I never trusted the fact that the christians of today the ones we sadely live among are the Alh-Kithab.

If u look at the NT, there are several revisions and additions to the different gospels..Mark Mathew, Luke and John.

Mark bieng the first and Mathew,Luke and John following it..so can we truely brand them as the alh-kithab,when such changes have been made at the will of the writers of the later gospels and now is being followed by millions.

Yes Allah sent them a prophet however they chose to abuse the word and actions of that prophet.

*Good will between souls*

smile.gif

Modesty   

Khayr wrote:

and are not kuffars.

Umm,Are you okay Khayr? I thought you were 'the shiekh' on SOL. We all know that if a person is not a follower of the religion of Islam-They are outright kuffar.

Pebbles   

since when do we consider people of the book as believers? I guess we are taking being politically correct to another new level... interesting :rolleyes:

Gediid   

This is the 2nd post I have seen in the last week or so on SOL about the church.The other had something to do with gays in the Anglican church by Kheyr I believe and now this about Catholics.

Something is just not adding up here :eek: :eek:

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Geedid and to others that might have similiar thoughts that he is having-STOP! redface.gif

Smell the pollution around you and wake up

to the reality that you live in.

Patterns that occur in one community are ayats from Allah. As Allah says in the quran that

He replaces a people by another people.

Inshallah, muslims should pay attention to what happens to other religious communities b/c

the world is for SECULARISM (against the Rule of Religion/Revelation/The Word of GOD).

Now ask yourself, why is this?

Fi Amanallah

AYOUB   

Khayr

and are not kuffars.

Not many organisations exist that have worked harder to drive the 'Christians' away from truth than the Catholic church. I think a lot changes have occured to people referred as Ahl Kitaab in the Qur aan and thats why we don't consider meat from animals 'slaughtered' by people like Catholics Xalaal anymore.

Here is another scandal waiting to unfold>>>> Calvi bank's $70m traced

nafta   

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think that what khayr is trying to say (and i say 'i think') is that we should tolerate other religions, even if those don't want to be muslims, because everyone in their way thinks that their religion is the best one and if you show that tolerance people are more likely to follow you up, so if we prejudice people against that, then the problem will not be resolved. It's very easy to call people kuffars but it's a bit hypocrytical when so many muslim's are not even fully practising their diin...think about it. If they dont wanna be muslims then fine, they should have their diin we got ours, case closed. As long as there is no interference. However, if you feel prejudiced then you should do something about it then. So i kinda agree with Khayr and i think he made some relvant points, all you gotta do is look at it more closely and think about the meaning behind it rather than rushing to conclusions immediately...i mean come on why would he want to be praising the Catholis church or be standing up for it :rolleyes: smile.gif