Sign in to follow this  
Faarax-Brawn

I HAVE A DREAM...

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brown:

I don’t think you are being fair to the black community when you solely put blame on their struggles. It is one thing to criticize positivly on the progress and pace at which we would have hoped to achieve in the past years,it is however 'cadaan mentality' when you squarly blame and accuse the entire black nation for failures they didn’t bring on themselves.

Yes indeed,the struggles of the 60s didn’t produce the best of results that many wished and hoped for, we are still struggling against the odds. In my opinion,the day the young generation have kids,and own homes is the day we will probably see the fruits of desegregation and the civil rights movement. [/QB]

Sorry - overwhelmed with work. FB - didn't blame them for everything. I do blame them for regressing on a number of social indicators. Like criminality, unwed mothers/single mothers, kids growing up without father, black males proportion of post-secondary going lower and lower. Is this particular regression the fault of the white man? I think not. Is not taking advantage of educational scholarships and affirmative action not partly their fault?

At the end of the day, the question is - if you are asked to speak to a group of poor black kids in school, what are you going to tell them?

!- Guys, work hard, take advantage of every opporutunity, don't let your background and historical baggage stop you

OR

2- Guys, you were enslaved for centuries, abused by whites after slavery, denied your rights, now you living in shite - now go try to work

The second message creates a built-in excuse to fail - that seems to me the message you and Chocolate and others are giving when you stress the historical abuses.