Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

Deleting posts

ppl why are you deleting your posts?!

if nothing else, it's not good for having a sense of continuity on the forum.

[edit] Jacaylbaro, done, thanks

Haddad   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

ppl why are you deleting your posts?

I think it was done in a moment of heated emotions. They have decided to severe ties with SOL. I think they might regret, because SOL was part of their daily lives for a number of years. I agree this kind of deleting is a nuisance for the continuity of topics. I think Admin should consider disabling that feature, at least after a time (like a week) of posting topics/comments.

Originally posted by Haddad:

I think Admin should consider disabling that feature, at least after a time (like a week) of posting topics/comments.

Hadad, yes however that would probably be a bit exterme i think, i mean i my self have self edit before and will do in the future, and that is personal choice. But this was a bit too large scale for my liking .. However i hadnt realised the severety of the situation, with regard to leaving and so on. It's a shame

Haddad   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

i mean i my self have self edit before and will do in the future

What's your average timeframe of editing comments? Within a week, a month? I think a timeframe of a week(s) is reasonable. I myself edit my comments, but usually happens within days.

Castro   

Originally posted by Haddad:

What's your average timeframe of editing comments? Within a week, a month? I think a timeframe of a week(s) is reasonable. I myself edit my comments, but usually happens within days.

Haddad is right (wince). Just how long do you need to edit or delete a message? Mine are within minutes and usually for grammatical or spelling errors I can spot. Otherwise I'm done with it. Imagine, probably happened on SOL, if you've been debating a topic with someone and you lost the debate fair and square, would you then go back 6 months later and make enough changes to make it look otherwise. That's just an example. What exactly constitutes a permanent record if 5 year old posts can be edited?

Just a thought.