Sign in to follow this  
BOB

The Night I Spoke To Ibrahim M.

BOB   

This is a book I am currently trying to write with the help of my best friend Noor and it is not fiction but based on a TRUE STORY, it is the life story of a Somali brother called Ibrahim M. May Allah Have Mercy On His Soul.

I don’t know how long it will take us to finish it but I promised "Him" and myself to finish it and when it comes out Insha Allah with the same title make sure you buy it because you are helping fatten the pockets of a brother named BOB who was once a proud somaliaonline member so that no girl will ever dump me for being SHIIDKA CALI.

i am only giving you a taste of whats to come and i hope you will all like it.

Introduction:

I never knew Ibrahim M back then when he was still in Kismayo., never saw him before until one day our paths crossed but if you are Somali living in this country that I live in, then you definitely heard or read the legend that became Ibrahim M.

in our first meeting, we spoke, only once, along the dark, echoing corridor of the ground floor punishment cells of GP Local Prison and that experience still haunts me and will do so until the day I die.

it was a bitterly cold night in July 2001, when the cold silence of the cell row was suddenly shattered by rattling keys and banging doors, there were murmured voices, some coarse laughter, the sounds of something or some one being dragged and moans of pain.

Then the sound of a key in the cell door, the noise of the opening and shutting, the rattle of the keys again and then the footsteps, murmurs and laughter receding to sounds of the section being locked down.

Ibrahim M. after his final torture session had been dumped in his solitary cell overnight, despite his pain and exhaustion; he followed the whispered instructions about using the stool in the cell to gain access to the heavy still grill covering an opening overlooking the corridor. whispers through the grill could carry almost the length of the cell row.

and so i had my first meeting with Ibrahim M. which was brief and even though I heard about the bank robbery that gone bad. Ibrahim M. was in evident agony, but somehow he wanted to talk to me, to ask me whether it was true or not because he had been told many people had been killed and injured. he couldn't believe it, it was not part of the plan to cause any sort of harm to anybody which was the main reason why he kept repeating "That's impossible, that is a lie, they are lying, evil bast@rds are lying".

Ibrahim M. was a gang leader, the most powerful gang that any Somali man has ever formed in anywhere inside or outside of Somalia and Ibarhim M. was the founding member and the undisputed leader of that particular gang and even though the gang had many different races with various nationalities still Ibarhim M. was the brain behind it all and everybody knew this.

Legend has it that Ibrahim M. was one of the most slippery criminals this country has ever known and there are some who would go as far as saying he had connections with people in higher positions starting from the police commissioner all the way up to the office of safety & security minister and they say that is why he always seemed to be few steps ahead of the long arm of the law.

He told me that he was totally against killing innocent people which was the main reason why he left his home country and he always made sure that his men never aimed at no one let alone shot at which raised my suspicion and increased my deep-rooted dislike towards the special force that were instructed to head hunt his gang and him in particular.

The local police had been given an urgent order to clear the station in the area where Ibrahim M. and his gang were anticipated to hit next and they were told to make way for the special force that were to take over the operation and Newspapers and TV stations were called.

Ibrahim M. uttered the words that still echo through my ears "None of my boys ever fired a single shot towards anybody but now I wish they had fired at the police and we should have all died fighting because in that way none of us would have gone through what we are going through now and above all we would have died as proud men".

Police claimed that Ibrahim M. personally shot at least four people including the bank manager to show his disappointment in the bank employees for not serving him fast enough and they said he placed his gun under the bank manager's seat after he shot him in the head, He swore to me that he had not placed it near or under any seat, yet this was where the police claimed it had had been found after the lethal results.

Straining to speak, Ibrahim M. apologized that he couldn't continue to speak. he had to sleep and he was in pain but not before asking me if there was anything that I needed, he asked me if everything was OK and if I had enough blankets to keep me warm and if my mattress was thick enough, he insisted that I should let him know if there's anything I may need and he said to me in Somali "This place is not meant for you, you are too young to be in here and when you get out make sure you never come back alright? This place is for a$$holes because jail kills your spirit but A$$holes got no spirits whatsoever".

This is a man whose physical torture and pain was visible yet he was worried about me, no one laid a finger on me and not even the police bothered with me and his genuine concern for me really touched me deeply and I immediately liked him and I wanted to be his friend that he could trust and depend on.

"I think they broke my Jaw" he said smiling. it later transpired that his jaw and four ribs had been broken from the hard kicks of notorious torturer, Captain AJ Smith and also his skull had a fracture.

Four months and nine days later Ibrahim M. was gone. I was released 17 days later. I never saw or heard him go as the barked commands signaled the prison waking to a new day, worse still: I never had the chance to say Good Bye to the most feared and respected guy in this city they call Gangster’s Paradise ever saw.

This is the story of the most sophisticated bank robber this country ever knew and the man the media and the police force dubbed "The Ghost" after evading them for so long and robbing more than twenty banks in the process and stealing more than fifty cars all estimated to be worth some $5 million U.S dollars.

Today Ibrahim M. lies silently in his grave located in a Muslim cemetery called Solly Muslim Cemetery and he is survived by his wife and two daughters.

the police force murdered him after accusing him of trying to escape from jail but we know otherwise and we know why they shot him dead...simply because they knew they couldn't afford to see him in court and have him tell in details what is perhaps the most scandalous case involving some of the most powerful men in this government and me and handful few others happen to know all the names that helped create the monster called Ibrahim M.

if you ever wondered if it was possible for some one like you (Somali)to be as powerful as Scar face or Godfather then look no further because Ibrahim M. has seen it all and done it all in a relative space of 7 years.

To me he is not gangster and a criminal and there are many Somali families in this country that will swear that he was a saint but people's opinions about him differ, some say he was a heartless criminal who lured young Somali boys into a life of crime by showering them with cash and expensive gifts while some say Ibrahim M. was the best thing that ever happened to them as he helped them financially and because of him no Somali business suffered an arm robbery in this city that he was its KING, regardless what people say about him but they all agree on one thing, Ibrahim M. loved his Somali people, young & old, male or female.

Rest In Peace My Brother, you made us all proud and forever i will carry your words and memories with me.

BOB   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

this is insanely funny, what a joke that was.

My Sister, does that mean you will buy the book then? I know Mama told you not to trust strangers but believe me this brother did exist and he still does through his family and friends and in my book he will be resurrected so you will know what made him The Most Wanted.

just make sure you buy it when it comes out and who knows someday you might even brag about knowing the Author even if its only a Cyberspace.

Xu,

I like positive kind of Sisters who are not short of words of encouragement, I appreciate that.Peace To You My Sister.

Ay Kutubeey,

He was a criminal alright but there are some people that I know who swear that he was the Somali version of "Robin Hood" because in this country where the strongest survives our Somali people suffered a lot when they first came here and thanks to him slowly but surely life got better and today we are arguably the strongest Somali community living outside of Somalia simply because he laid the foundation and he encouraged people to unite and stand as one even though some were reluctant but still they were scared to get hurt so they had no choice but to scream in his presence "Soomaali Hais Raacdo" :D:D:D .

Peace, Love & Unity.

MUCH PROPS MAN,.

i DONT know anything about an ibrahim M but thats the point. This is good news.. You should hold like little readings here and there at the somali populated cities in the states or where ever. But i hope you go through with this project yoh.. wun

I'LL GET THE BOOK YOU SHOULD CREATE LIKE A LIST OF EMAILS MAN.. FOR THE PEOPLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU.

THIS IS MINE.

JBSEEK@GMAIL.COM

AND I SUPPORT this.. much luv

BOB   

Tenacious_J,

Thanks for the Probs and don't worry I will contact you and give you the address and all the details you need when I am done Insha Allah.

we are currently in chapter three and my friend who is my "Ghost Writer" is eager to get it done before July and that is the target we set for ourselves and insha allah we will be ready come July.

it will be a dream come true to have the cover picture of my book in all the Somali websites including Somaliaonline and trust me it will happen insha allah, i am certain of that.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Once again thanks for the words of encouragement and the love.

NoVa   

Intersting book!!! I really would love to read 2 Criminal's having a chat bout life in cell and what drag them there...lol..by the way what was u in for?? Lol...I hope it's in the story 2...But seriously i hope u do a great insight about the story...dont' rush in2 publishing so fast, u might miss out other things..so take ur time cuz it's never good 2 set a shorttime when ur writtin' a book..it takes year or even more than that 2 write a great book...so take ur time as much as u needed...and oh yea' give us a great tipz about how one could do robbery act without gettin' cought.lololol..In the meantime don't get in cought in the act again'..lololol..and I hope we c u in the top list of New York Best Selling book written my Cali Farax a.k.a BoB...