Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Learn 2 Knit

Curly   

Yesterday was my first Stitch and Bit*h meeting and it was pretty cool. I didn't realise there'd be so many people. Some 60 knitters in the Royal Festival Hall on the South Bank.

I was pretty nervous about bring out my Slouchy Hat project that looks horrendous btw because there doesn't seem to be a pattern. Thankfully there were plenty of newbie knitters who needed help casting on so that boosted my confidence. I think I'll suggest a ‘fix’ session because that what I need lol. The great thing about the group was that the other more experienced knitters were so helpful ...in just two short hours I’ve learnt how to pick up a stitch when you’ve missed one and how to undo stitches which is called tinkling.

And like a certain someone said, they weren’t all spinsters! Interestingly enough the group had a few male members and people from all walks of life. The lady sitting next to me was a freelance film editor and the one across worked on fashion shoots. Spinsters?! The S&B members will have plenty to say about that!

-------

I'm always looking for yarn shops and I found this one online which I'm hoping to visit in the near future. I's just so cute!

home_wide.jpg

Loop

And they have free SOS clinic once a month at Loop! Aneeta Patel will help sort out any knitting glitches. Tea, coffee and cakes as well. No booking required.

Saturdays, 11am - 1pm 12th December 2010

Second Sunday of the month, noon - 2pm

10th January

14th February

14th March

11th April

9th May

13th June