Sign in to follow this  
The_Siren

Drag me to hell......

I’ve just come back home from watching the movie Drag me to hell and as a result I was so impressed with it that I decided to write you all a quick review of it.

drag_me_to_hell_poster.jpg

Well what can I say other than it was utterly wonderful and bloody brilliant! Excuse the enthusiasm buts it’s like finding a rare gem amongst the ample of useless rocks that serve has ‘horror” movies today. Throw away those sh*tty Saw 2, 3, 4 and what? 26 is it now movies? and get your @rse down to the cinemas to watch this movie ASAP.

For those of you who are unaware of what the movie is about, I’ll give you a quick run down of the plot. Its about a poor-kindhearted loan officer/banker who has to evict an decrepit spooky-gross looking old woman from her home after the lady fails to make her mortgage re-payments, as a result the poor banker named Christine ends up being cursed by the old woman (most likely of eastern-European heritage) who uses dark gypsy magic to do so. From there what ensues is a desperate attempt by Christine to rid herself of the curse by seeking the aid of an Indian “seerer” fortune teller/palm reader to you and me. The curse is pretty bad as it basically involves the summoning of this evil demon called the lamia which literally drags the cursed souls of the damned into the very depths of hell. Where swirling fire, the clawing hands of soul hungry demons and eternal damnation await.

I was reluctant I must say to watch another hocus pocus Hollywood mish-mash full of the usual contrived patronizing clichés but I’m telling you this movie was bloody wonderful, easily being one of the best genuinely enjoyable scary movies I’ve seen in a very, very long time. Having become desensitized to just about everything this movie actually made me jump with fright in a number of places, cringe/cry in others and laugh my @rse off as well. Wallahi there were several hilarious and ridiculously good-humored laughs in this and I found myself unabashedly glued to the silver screen in reluctant admiration and giddy excitement with just a healthy dose of the "ooh sh*t" fear factor. The movie was an excellent re-visit to those much loved retro-scary movies which have been updated with a brilliant performance coming from the lead actress Alison Lohman who played the cursed banker.

In essence, if you decide to go out and watch a movie this weekend make sure you watch Drag me to hell, it will have you jumping out of yours seats, giggling whilst simultaneously weeping on the insides with paranoid glee at the whole idea of an unyielding hell awaiting the bad. If you don’t say a few extra du’ah’s of “please Allah save me from hell” during your Isha prayer after you watch this film? Then you’re one brave fool. LOL, Over all I had a marvelous time at the cinema and I wish Hollywood would produce greatly enjoyable movies like these instead of boring us with the usual typical no brainier slasher movies, now dont get me wrong I’m hardly a snob, I mean I love mindless violence, sadistic psychopaths drenched with blood and guts as much as the next gal but hell I don’t enjoy bored to death with some of the nonense thats passed of as "scary" for horny teens. Twilight I want my money back! Give me something different, refreshing and at the very least enjoyable. I give this film a 9 of out 10. More if I wasn’t being so finicky. Oh and it was such a lovely change to actually have found myself liking and warming-definitely feeling sorry for the main character. Usually I can't wait for those dumb blond b*tchs to die but I had my heart out for this one- hell I was rooting for her to suceeded all the way. (No pun intended)

Here is the trailer for it if you’re yet to see it.

http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=p-REviL75 zg

Oh and for those of you with a more cultured- (by that I mean sophisticated)Europe an taste in flims try watching “let the right one in”. Beautifully made Swedish film about a 12 year old vampire and her boy neighbor- a very sweet- sinister but poignant film which is understated, eerily wonderful and comes highly recommended.

Goodir   

^Gabadh shaneemo gasha mina sheydaani rajiim.

Stay away from it that's if you don't want in Jahanamo laguu jiido in the middle of the night nightmare.

Originally posted by The_Siren:

I’ve just come back home from watching the movie
Drag me to hell
and as a result I was so impressed with it that I decided to write you all a quick review of it.

drag_me_to_hell_poster.jpg

Well what can I say other than it was utterly wonderful and bloody brilliant! Excuse the enthusiasm buts it’s like finding a rare gem amongst the ample of useless rocks that serve has ‘horror” movies today. Throw away those sh*tty Saw 2, 3, 4 and what? 26 is it now movies? and get your @rse down to the cinemas to watch this movie ASAP.

For those of you who are unaware of what the movie is about, I’ll give you a
quick run down of the plot
. Its about a poor-kindhearted loan officer/banker who has to evict an decrepit spooky-gross looking old woman from her home after the lady fails to make her mortgage re-payments, as a result the poor banker named Christine ends up being cursed by the old woman (most likely of eastern-European heritage) who uses dark gypsy magic to do so. From there what ensues is a desperate attempt by Christine to rid herself of the curse by seeking the aid of an Indian “seerer” fortune teller/palm reader to you and me. The curse is pretty bad as it basically involves the summoning of this evil demon called the lamia which literally drags the cursed souls of the damned into the very depths of hell. Where swirling fire, the clawing hands of soul hungry demons and eternal damnation await.

I was reluctant I must say to watch another hocus pocus Hollywood mish-mash full of the usual contrived patronizing clichés but I’m telling you this movie was bloody wonderful, easily being one of the best genuinely enjoyable scary movies I’ve seen in a very, very long time. Having become desensitized to just about everything this movie actually made me jump with fright in a number of places, cringe/cry in others and laugh my @rse off as well. Wallahi there were several hilarious and ridiculously good-humored laughs in this and I found myself unabashedly glued to the silver screen in reluctant admiration and giddy excitement with just a healthy dose of the "ooh sh*t" fear factor. The movie was an excellent re-visit to those much loved retro-scary movies which have been updated with a brilliant performance coming from the lead actress Alison Lohman who played the cursed banker.

In essence, if you decide to go out and watch a movie this weekend make sure you watch Drag me to hell, it will have you jumping out of yours seats, giggling whilst simultaneously weeping on the insides with paranoid glee at the whole idea of an unyielding hell awaiting the bad. If you don’t say a few extra du’ah’s of “please Allah save me from hell” during your Isha prayer after you watch this film? Then you’re one brave fool. LOL, Over all I had a marvelous time at the cinema and I wish Hollywood would produce greatly enjoyable movies like these instead of boring us with the usual typical no brainier slasher movies, now dont get me wrong I’m hardly a snob, I mean I love mindless violence, sadistic psychopaths drenched with blood and guts as much as the next gal but hell I don’t enjoy bored to death with some of the nonense thats passed of as "scary" for horny teens. Twilight I want my money back! Give me something different, refreshing and at the very least enjoyable.
I give this film a 9 of out 10
. More if I wasn’t being so finicky. Oh and it was such a lovely change to actually have found myself liking and warming-definitely feeling sorry for the main character. Usually I can't wait for those dumb blond b*tchs to die but I had my heart out for this one- hell I was rooting for her to suceeded all the way. (No pun intended)

Here is the trailer for it if you’re yet to see it.

Oh and for those of you with a more cultured- (by that I mean sophisticated)Europe an taste in flims try watching
“let the right one in”
. Beautifully made Swedish film about a 12 year old vampire and her boy neighbor- a very sweet- sinister but poignant film which is understated, eerily wonderful and comes highly recommended.

I heard about both movies, Drag me to Hell and the vampire one. I hear really good things about them, can't wait to see em.

I don't usually watch horrors (unless I'm with a broad-shouldered faarax who'll tell me it's all fake and wrap me in his arms) but this sounds interesting. Might give it a go when it gets here I'A.