Sign in to follow this  
Taliban

Quebec: No Can Vote With Niqab

Taliban   

Islamic groups blame media for Quebec veil uproar

A new Quebec election rule that requires all citizens to remove face veils if they want to vote could discourage some Muslim women from casting ballots on Monday, a Muslim woman says.

"If I was wearing a face veil I likely wouldn't go and vote on Monday," Sarah Elgazzar, spokesperson for the Council on American-Islamic Relations Canada, told the Canadian Press. "I'd be scared."

Only a very small number of women in Quebec wear a face veil known as a the niqab, Elgazzar said, blaming the news media for creating a political controversy over clothing worn by Muslim women.

Quebec chief returning officer Marcel Blanchet announced on Friday that anyone who wears a face covering will have to remove it in order to vote because the face of the voter must be visible.

Blanchet said he reversed an earlier rule after he received threats and read reports that some people were planning to wear masks to the polls on Monday.

Elgazzar said the issue has been blown out of proportion.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/03/24/muslim-veil.html

Taliban   

Blanchet said he reversed an earlier rule after he received threats and read reports that some people were planning to wear masks to the polls on Monday.

Why allow a rule to vote with niqab and then reverse it just days away from voting? :mad:

Ameen   

Another slap in the face of the Believers and this will continue until we unite together and stand strong. But what do I know right.....?

and Allah knows best

Khayr   

What a walking contradiction-I want to wear Niqaab and support Democracy via the Holy Vote??? :rolleyes:

This is wherein the Symbolism of the Hijab/Niqaab is lost....

There is no debate about this...No Vote!

Wear the Niqaab and stay out of the Ballot box.

Its like seeing a Hijabi/Niqaabi purchasing a lottery ticket or smoking in a restaurant.

Caajib!

Aaliyyah   

They are basically saying they are going to ban women from wearing the viel for security reasons. Now how absurd is that ? and how can he compare masks with wearing a viel??

Kheyr who said those who wear the niqaab shouldn't have the right to vote? :confused: . By the way, how can u compare some one who wears a viel who wants to vote with a hijabi smoking or buying a lottery lol.. :rolleyes:

wa salaaam

Taliban   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

They are basically saying they are going to ban women from wearing the viel for security reasons. Now how absurd is that ??

Absurd as absurd does.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear:

i thought niqab was when you cover the whole face?

You mean including the eyes?

By the way, how can u compare some one who wears a viel who wants to vote with a hijabi smoking or buying a lottery lol..

You asked him how come? Maxaa ku taqaana nin wareerka ka batay?

PS:Quebec is a racist province, worse than the entire country, and these muslims know it and are just happy with the way things are until they are told not to vote.

A party who wants its citizen's vote will do just about anything to get people coming through those doors and cast their ballot, but in quebec, they would rather lose your vote if you are a coloured person or your beliefs aren't that of theirs, then have you be part of the process.

They can afford to lose voters, so why are these muslim sisters wasting their energy? Better yet, why do they continue to live under those conditions? Waa wax ayaga u yaala.

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

Waa wax ayaga u yaala.

So, basically you are saying I don't wear Hijab and I don't care about who they ban from using it?

And I was right to believe that you were idealogically a next of kin to Ngonge, the baddest liberal in SOL!

Alloow maxaan kuu dhali waayay aniga, baadiye intaan ku geeyo ayaan ariga kugu raacsan lahaa! :mad: :mad:

Aaliyyah   

Alle ubaahne from my understanding CRAZY GIRL was basically trying to say ppl are descriminated in Quebec based on their color/ relegion and what not. So, I guess she was trying to say those sisters who choose to wear the niqaab need to move to other provinces, where they can practice their rights more freely.

wa salaaam

excuse moi!, who cares about quebec,,iyo franciska cusureenta...aduunk waxee muslim kaa nacebyahin majirto,,there is whole story to it,,sit back and relax i'll tell you all about it

back in the 16oo a French man named ,Parle sir kalay Eewaso,,,,,

read it all about next weeke..i'll tell you the whole story