Sign in to follow this  
lol

Girls Chill Lounge

Mowgli   

Asalaama Alaikum

Great Idea Hibo...a place just for us females...

By the way can anyone help me??? I seriously have a sleeping problem...I cannot seem to get to sleep, even when am tired, I get into bed and huurdada waa iga haada...I've tried all the traditional remedies including Chamomile, drinking milk and going for long walks :( ! Today I've been up since 7.30am and its now 1.48am...I end up sleeping like at 5 or so then I need to be up at 7.30 to get ready for classes...It was fine at first, but now the sleepless nights seem to be taking a toll if you know what I mean...

Any ideas???

king_450   

I know this is ladies Jive, but Idil sis this is a serious matter. I did thesis on this issue at my school,and i can shed some lights for u.

If you are really experiencing for what you said, then you are in a high risk to get Stroke or perhaps heart attack, you need to see your doctor as soon as you can get there.This sleeplessness perhaps is due to restlessness, worry and stress.

There are several medication that can ease this problem,but before taking consult your doc.

1-Ignatia Amara 2-kali Phosphoricium.

i hope sis this helps, good luck.and take care your body well.

lol   

I can't believe we got all of this going. Damn girls you needed help so much huh :D anyways it is gr8 to have girls swapping remedies, therapies and methods to eliviate one's problems...

Great tips by the way..

pearl: well, a Muslim girl really dress in a range of styles... from Burgah ( veil from your head to your toes)- Pants with scarf. So tell me your style, and I shall help you with tips.

EYE Makeup:

Girls you gotta wear this believe me, it is the complete make over one could use.

So the questions how can u have a well done eye make up..

Always mix two shades light and dark..

After putting on your compressed podwer( I am not much of foundation user.. the powder seems to do.. but you might be different. If you have pimples or dark spots then surely foundation is for you)

Preparations:

Clean you face either with warm water and facial wash or you can use the wash wipes.

After powdering your face:

1. Indho kuul (or kajol): Never use it on the outside of your eye. Always make sure to darken the inner of your eye.

2. Dark color(depending of your complexion choose a color that suits you. I am dark skinned so I mostly use shades such as Orange, Purple, Brown etc, I don't like shouting colors.. choose wisely)

3. Light color: This is a must, You eye make up is incomplete without this. So use a color that is lighter than your base. ( for me when I wear the orange as my dark color I use gold as my light one)

Method: First Indhokuul. Then spread the darker eye shade on the bottom of your eye lid. Make sure it is well spread. Now beneath your eye brow smitter your lighter shade.( Works gr8 when your eye brow has been shaped). If you think you look nice with an eye liner than certainly apply it. If not don't bother. I for one don't like it.

PS: Always use make ups made by known producers. Mac is a gr8 choice for folks of our color.

Idil: If you can't sleep.. sister just fill your bath tub with warm water and some salt. Sit in it for 30-1hr. That should make you tired and relaxed.

Natural ways to revive your skin:

If you feel like your skin is dull and boring then this remedy is for you.

Mix turmeric(make sure u buy the one for the body, incase u didn't know there is one for food)

and almond and sandwood powder. Just use them as mask for twice or thrice a week. You should see a difference within one to two weeks.

Have fun sisters.

King-450 & Gedid EXIT... this is Girls lounge... unless u r girls :confused:

nafta   

idil babe, i think ur experiencing insomania...which is basically when you can't seem to fall in sleep, or maybe you do and then you wake up an hour or two later. Like king said, you should go and see you doctor about this, because it is a serious matter.

kaha yoga is nice, or you could pamper yourself, or listen to those mood tapes where you can hear the ocean or the wind, it's very calming if you want more ideas just let me know ;)

pearl, since when did we report fellow nomads girl...it's called sharing dee :Dicon_razz.gif

i don't use much male-up myself, just a bit of mascara and lippy and that's it. but this lady in a shop i went into recomended that the use of concealer comes handy sometimes. And yes pearl, i know what you mean with everyone looks different at weddings, mostly those women there look like they had a fight with the powder box :eek: ....talk about too much of something :rolleyes:

What's this? Hablihii oo dhan baa qol isku xidhay miyaa? Waheey! Let me just remove my boots and get my stash of hurruud and qasil and I'll join you pronto. ;)

Idil:

I have the same problem. I haven't had a good night's sleep for the past three years would you believe it? Ever since I started Uni actually. Like you, I've tried everything short of sleeping pills (my parents are dead set against any pills), but nothing much has worked. Usually the best I can hope for is 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep, which isn't nearly enough coz I'm forever tired and stressed!

I have been told Yoga helps tremendously, but I never seem to have the time to sign up for some classes. Maybe you should try it, if you have the time and let me know how it goes?

On to clothes:

Does anyone else find High-street clothes completely wrong for our kind of figure? I'm talking about trousers, especially jeans. They are either too low-cut, too baggy, too tight, too short - lengthwise or too long.

I love retailers like Zara and Mango, but their trousers are always super long! Even with high-heels! Gosh just to be able to walk without falling on my face, waa inaan surwaalka xaka hoose ka laabo aan tolo as soon as I buy it. Talk about too much work! :mad:

Same thing with tops. They are either sleeveless or with plunging necklines, either too short, most tops hardly reach my belly, or completely shapeless. What's a girl - who doesn't want to show her arms, boobs or belly - to do? :confused:

Do any other sista's have the same problems with shopping for well-fitting clothes?

pearl   

My thoughts exactly...i have just about given up on jeans....i swear they were made for a white girls *** ...either they fit ur bootybut they dont fit ur waist or vice versa...so ur forced for the rest of the day pulling ur jeans up...and just imagine trying to do that with an abaaya on top...ooh what fun!!!

U would think that these african americans who have been here for ages could come up with a clothing line that is tailored to an african figure...instead they are all trying to copy Gucci and Valentino with a touch of ghettoness

I dont know if its true but I heard that tight jeans puts pressure on to ur uterus, damaging it in the long run...thus lowering ur chances of conceiving or caring to term....wondering if anyone heard that as well and if there is any truth to it?...

D&D...dont cut those super long jeans...instead fold it up and wear with boots...SUPER sexy! :cool:

Edil and D&D...I too was in the same boat...try to reduce the stress in ur life and in time u'll sleep better...which is impossible to do if ur in school....for some reason this always happens to me be in the winter season...and to top it off sometimes my heart beats really fast for a few seconds....causing me to notice....am thinking theyr linked... I dont have time to see my doc....so any doc in the house?..be it female or male...

One thing that is sure to work is to skip town go to a place where there is no worries (at least for u).....and sleep to ur hearts content...worked for me

Check this site out.

http://www.4woman.gov/faq/insomnia.htm

Hibo...lighten up sis....since the guys want to be up in our place....i say let them have their say only if they have anything useful to add...say hmm....what color of eye shadow to wear with a pink hijab... :D

abaaayo..I find myself wearing black and blue most of the time cuz its winter and all...my only concern is not wearing clothes that wont protect me in this harsh winter....

Am really feeling the turkish style of wearing hijab...masha allah those sisters wear hijab with such elegance

check out this online clothing store...

http://www.shukronline.com/

lol   

DND: No wonder u never find anything that fits you.. girl u hang out in two department stores that have pretty much the same style.. For jeans.. I would certainly recommend Gap that is if u r African shaped if u know what I mean. They got nice jeans that fit right. Even EXpress has good ones. For tops depends where u r heading or for what occassion. For me an evening top.. is cache`.. they r a bit expensive but they got cool collection. daily wear I would say NY & Lerner or Limited even express... I think along American lines.. so pardon me if I am not English in style

Pearl: sis I can't help u.. but sista they got gr8 styles for mahajabin sistas here. Mustacjab baad u dhimaneysaa if u see how the sistas got it rolling ;) ....

I got one question:

how do u get rid of bags under your eyes?????

For some reason my eyes have a problem of swelling up wen have a allergic reaction.HEELP!!! MY prom is coming soon and i want dem to dissapear.

peace

lol   

Baby-Gurl: I am not sure coz I don't suffer from allergies, but I think relaxing your eyes, using eye creams.. could work.. but if all of this fails... definitely concealers... they r great... try them!

Hibo...

Except for Gay And Proud, we dont have any of the shops u mentioned. And I dont shop at GAP. The two retailers I mentioned are fab, except for the length problem.

Pearl...

Thanx...but u kno, even with 4 inch heels, dhulkey xaadhaan. Its very annoying.

I'll be back with more complaints IA.

Cawralo   

IDIL... my advices to u is to..

1) Start working out. It`s proven to help against insomnia.

2) Salat. A bit like yoga dont u guys think? Ppl with insomnia tend to try to controll everything in their life. It`s nice to let go every once in a while and put ur fate in the hands of God.

...and by the way...waxing? looool is this arabiaonline or what ;) Kidding guuurls. Just dont over due it...some guys actually like hairy chix :D haha

Siman   

Baby Gurl wrote:

"Salty Body Glow

1 cup fine sea salt

1/2 cup grape-seed, olive, or almond oil

Stir ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl. Spread the mixture onto damp skin and massage in -- the grainy salt whisks away dead skin cells while the oil seals in moisture. Concentrate on the rough spots like elbows and heels. Rinse well, and check out that smooth bod!"

Thank you all for sharing this info with us, specially for BABY GURL, it costs $100 to have SALT GLOW at Aveda and if I can do it at home it is great.

idil macaanto...im the opposite of you..walaahi, hal mar hadiin sariirta fadhiisto i see myself falling to sleep....I almost sleep to 10 hrs...taas aaba igu siiyer...so is there anyone having the same experience or have a solution to my little problem...

Smth_Lady...same here.. I sleep like 10-12hrs most days! I wish I could stay awake and do something worthwhile with my time..but just cant seem to shake off the Zzzz's .

Except for Gay And Proud, we dont have any of the shops u mentioned. And I dont shop at GAP. The two retailers I mentioned are fab, except for the length problem.

DnD , is that something you pulled out of thin air or are you gonna back it up with evidence? Dont be defaming the only shop I can get 50% off redface.gif

Senora   

Do any other sista's have the same problems with shopping for well-fitting clothes?

yes, and its gotten to the point where I'm just going to have to go to and get these pants cut up. i shop at the GAP and Express a lot, and thought the pants may fit me well, I can't seem to get them to fit me length-wise. They are either too long,( especially express!!) or capri look-alikes. I have tried to just fold them, but I hate that look. I'm constantly told that I look like I go to high-school, which is a huge turn-off for me. The only pants I find that do trully fit are dress pants, and I bought most of mine from Canadian stores. And i rarely dress up, I'm more of the casuel wearing type...

Now on to exercising tips...Though I would love to be petite,I'm not,so I've learned to accept my thick thighs, butt and hips...but what I am starting to get annoyed about is my stomach. I think the main source of my problem is my eating habits, but for some reason I just can't seem to gain the will-power to stop. But it also has something to do with my energy levels. I sleep for than 10 hrs, and I'm not very active. For about a month now, though, I've tried to do 20-30 crunchesa night( cause I want to change to be in my belly area), but instead of seeing any decrease in the size, I've only noticed it getting tighter, which is not what I want! So I guess whatI'm trying to get at is, I would love some exercising techniques that would allow me to have a flat stomach yet again!