Sign in to follow this  

9-year-old makes $250,000 a year

Aaliyyah   

^^ man thats crazy money that she makes. But, modelling? not something we muslims would encourage muslim people to pursue let alone kids. But, it seems she has good ambition and wants to become a lawyer. so good for her. This is great achievement for her parents...

salaam

NASSIR   

Beware of the lure of materialism. The greatest asset one could have is to use his time wisely and work towards peace, family values, justice and the promotion of knowledge-intensive society. When less than 1% of the society has the wealthy of the whole nation combined, what does 1 kid or for that matter a few persons from the bottomless pit can do more than a sprinkle of the shimmering mirage? :D

A prosperous nation is measured by more than the artificial value of its currency.

You guys saw modelling and materialism, I saw the amazing time management practised here! Homework in the car on the way to 3h gymnastic practise? Whoah, talk about using time effectively.

ailamos   

that's crazy... i used to briefly model for the university student magazine for a semester, they paid us in meals and books from the bookstore, books were very pricey at our uni... :D

anyway, there's nothing wrong with Muslims modeling yaa Safa ;)

Aaliyyah   

^ we will just agree to disagree on that subject. Everyone is responsible for their actions. So whatever floats your boat smile.gif

n they only paid u in books and meals?? they should have paid u more..mise u were not cute enough..jokin icon_razz.gif

bt I hear u abt uni books being pricy..for real u buy them and then when u try to sell them not even half of the cost comes back lol...its so annoying with all these publishers changing the edition just to make money...

salaam

SeeKer   

^Just use the old edition there isn't much difference and you can get them for pennies on the dollar online.

Aaliyyah   

I actually did that for one of my classes and still ended with a good grade. But, I have the tendency to buy the latest edition lol...

salaam

People buy books?

Where is this world going...

When I couldn't get hold of books at the library or friends, I would sit in Foyles for hours.

Seriously, it looks like you have a lot of loose change chilling in your pockets.

I would not mind seeing a little Somali kid in one of those GAP campaigns. Those kids are cute as hell, and even though I would not personally put my future kids up there, I don't think there would be islamically anything wrong with it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Aaliyyah   

yes I buy my books and its not something I do cuz I got the money lol...I just buy them for convenience. I dont have time to look for them in the library or what not.

As for ur second point, it might be cute when you get a lil kid in an advertisement. But, have u thought abt down the road? what makes you think it wont develop into something else...once u teach a child to model at such a young age obviously it will be something they enjoy and they will make habit of it and tomorrow when ur lil daughter tells u hey mommy I wanna be a model? what u gonna say? oh lil girl that was just for fun?...Not something I would allow a sister or a daughter of mine. But each on his own. But, remember its those values that you insitil in your kids at ayoung age that will last a life time.

salaam

Safa, I understand buying fiction and books that actually interest you ( :D ), you can put them aside for your "fantasy private mini library" ( although this fantasy will most likely materialize as a brown Ikea shelf in the future) icon_razz.gif

I meant boys! smile.gif

Besides, even if someone did want to parade a small girl in a kiddie campaign, I'm sure they'd be sensible enough to let the child know from an early age that it is appropriate for them to do it until they turn X. Children are not istupid and if you tell them something, they usually understand. And if you explain it to them, they will internalize it.