Sign in to follow this  
The Toni Rich Project

Going Back To Somalia...?

ladies and gentlemen, Boys and Gurls. it's summertime once again and many people from all over the world are heading back to somalia for vacation or whatever...or so they say. but anyways, i'm just curious, is anyone thinking of going back home to see how things have changed? is anyone out there homesick as much as i am ? or does anyone out there believe that going back to somalia could put your life in danger ? u know, the kidnapings and stuff happening...i hear these things from peoeple, i have no idea wether they are true or not.

i wonder how we(the Youth) will feel once we get back home, for some of us the culture shock might send us back on the next flight out of xamar...lol and for the rest of us, how will we adapt to the change, you know, instead of having a chicken sandwich or something for lunch to bariis iyo suugo cad(don't laugh, i'm serious)

anyways, i'm just curious about this so go ahead feel free to share your thoughts.

oh, by the way...i just registered my new nick (wa'chu think (*_*) ) l8er peepz.

well,,,,,,give me a few years of therapy, and then ill tell u if i can go to somali,

im not saying back to somalia--u have to have a recollection of the place to go back---i dont remember somalia, i dont know what im missing.

the thereapy--well thats for my fear of creepy crawlies! and snakes, and lions,and dogs, ,,,basically every animal that could scratch, bite me or look at me agressively.

Senora   

I was born in the states...but i was fortunate enough to return to my family's hometown 5 times....as far as the whole adapting thing goes...its always hard for me the first week or so, but the adjustment comes pretty quick after that....i think its up to the person...first you have to be willing to adjust...

the last time my whole family went to africa, was last summer.....ironically, my brother, sister and I adjusted pretty well...but it was my dad that only lasted 7 days..... :eek: LOL, but unlike me, he's only been back home once, ( and that was in the 80's!)...but i found it weird...my mom said that he was being stubbourn, if he only gave it a chance, it wouldnt have been so hard....

but anyways, i always find the experience rewarding....I always feel refreshed when im there,like i have no worries, or stress...i honestly think its the best vacation....i found it to be a great place to enrich my soul......i hate waking up early( whether its for school, or anything else), but back home, i found myself waiting for the time to pray at the crack of dawn :D:D

I cant wait for next summer when i go back again, and i know this time will even be better, cause im going with my favorite cousins, and my fav uncle..... smile.gif