Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

LOL@Swearing! - before he even learned english

Yesterday, this teaching assistant came to me complaing about poor little farah; straight from somalia. It was his firt week in the school. Apparently she was assessing his literacy skills with one of those Peter & Jane reading books.

the book read: Peter was looking for Jane.

when it came to reading these lines, little farah, nervously laughed and looked at the teacher and then back at text.

seeing that he was hesitating, the teacher commands: "read on"

Little Farah: pointing to the text whilst laughing, exclaims "this fcuk!"

Teacher gobsmacked: "that is rude word, don't say that". shen then terminates the assessment and stormes into my room, complaining "these children only learn swear words" and little farah "called this book the F word."

when i realised what transpired and i explained to little farah - the differences between phonetics based Af Soomaali and morphology of the English language - his reply was:

ee xey a'da ugu bedeli waayeen o - si loogu akhriyo "woz" :D

^^^ :rolleyes:

it reminded of another one while back - i was there for this one - when one of the Albanian boys asked a female teacher - "miss - give me a kiss" - the teacher replied - "no! - i will give you a kick" - that didn't register - so he repeated again "miss - please give me the kiss" and then followed it up - "my bag is in there"

then i realised he was asking for KEYS :D

Aaliyyah   

ducaysane wa la dalacay..aniga wax qabaya smile.gif

Sayid lol okey I believe you now. Anyhow, i cant figure out for the life of me how kiss and keys can sound the same lol...

salaam

^^^that is all it takes :mad: - cheaps shot nevertheless. :D

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

ducaysane wa la dalacay..aniga wax qabaya
smile.gif

this reminded me of a somali 'blonde story' moment - re father saying to his daughter - "don't ever let a man get on top of you"

well, the moment her father adviced against came and girl remembered her fathers advice - so she told the xariif - where to go - cos her father told her - no man should ever get on top of her - the xariif replied - "you get on top then"

the girl proudly told her father - how she adhered to his advice and got on the top of the xariif :D

Waraa...Gibirta wadaadad waayo ka xishooda.

Sayid...I heard variations of the same 'accent' stories. Afterwhile, they all sound the same, just the ethnicity of the individuals involved changed.