Duufaan

Jabuuti is winning the ports competition

There were so much talk here about DJabuti losing it is life line port business for Ereteria and some cases to Berbera after they kicked out DP world. With fake courts in London and media attacks has all come to fruitless after one year. In this case Berbera seems to losing business rather gaining anything. This is  a really zero sum game for Biixi camp. 

20 hours ago, Duufaan said:

There were so much talk here about DJabuti losing it is life line port business for Ereteria and some cases to Berbera after they kicked out DP world. With fake courts in London and media attacks has all come to fruitless after one year. In this case Berbera seems to losing business rather gaining anything. This is  a really zero sum game for Biixi camp. 

Duufaan,

Again you missing the woods for the trees, my friend. Which is natural state of perpetual "befuddlement" with you. For it's always the case with you around here of SOL. 

In other words, you seems to be misinformed about the fact, that, of all the ports in the horn-of-Africa the Djibouti's ones are the most advance ones. And such they will always have the "lion-share" of the Ethiopian's business of export and import.

However, where the likes of Berbera's port comes-in into the equation is when it's fully upgraded and it's rebuilding phase finishes (which will be in two years time when the works ends). And it will by then become a State-of-the-art port of the kind current Djibouti's ones are at the moment. Thanks to the effort of the same DP World who you are disparaging in here.

And of course, this DP World company is the same company that have build all these Djibouti's ports in the first place.

Moreover, the ownership of the Dorraleh Container Terminal (DCT) is what is at issue in here. Not how the port itself is servicing the Russians cargo-ship that is carrying grain for Ethiopia.

And such issue of "ownership" of the Dorraleh port (DCT) is still bending. Or at least still is bending given that no western country will touch such "ownership" of that port so long as there is a "court ruling" against it.

Furthermore, even if a Chinese company eventually become the owner of it, then that company will have to kiss goodbye any business it will ever do in any western countries. Given, that, they will be liable to be hauled in before the court and before the legal system in that western country in which it's doing business in it in-order to be charge with the crime of "profiting", or making money from a "stolen property".

And this are a very serious crimes, indeed, in any western's jurisdiction you could care to think of.

So the issues in here, particularly those pertaining to the Horn's competing ports, are really not that simple of a proposition, as you are making them out to be so, my friend.

14 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

Furthermore, even if a Chinese company eventually become the owner of it, then that company will have to kiss goodbye any business it will ever do in any western countries. Given, that, they will be liable to be hauled in before a court in that western country in which it's doing business on it, with the charge of "profiting" from a stolen goods, or with the charge of "making money from a stolen property", which is a serious crime in any Western jurisdiction you could care to think of, indeed.

Are you SOL Self nominated speaker of the west?  I think you misunderstand the globalization system.  that is why you always get wrong. What you read the big newspaper is not always the policy, it is more opinion with target audience. Chinese are part of the global system too.

19 hours ago, Duufaan said:

Are you SOL Self nominated speaker of the west?  I think you misunderstand the globalization system.  that is why you always get wrong. What you read the big newspaper is not always the policy, it is more opinion with target audience. Chinese are part of the global system too.

Silly bugger, you have no idea what on earth you are waffling on in here, mate. And it seems all you have left with it, particularly when others show you how practically naked you really are, is to resort to a cheap and puerile argument.

Hence, suffice to say, you need to go on and read a bit, specifically, how the very fight that is going on right now between the west and the Chinese (within the same globalization) is about "intellectual properties" (IPs) theft. And how the Chinese have being accused from Canada to EU to Trump's America, in terms of "perfecting" the art of stealing the western's IPs and of other nations's IPs just to benefit themselves, economically.

In other words, by the looks of it, you have no idea of why WTO is in such a mess right now. And why most of the rule-based globalization issues are in "free-fall" at the moment, precisely, because of the debate the West is having with China in-terms how to eventually "enforce" any infringement of the rules-of-the-road of the current globalization. These rules are in essence of what China is flagrantly abusing it now with its endless theft of other's people's intellectual properties (IPs).

Hence, the argument is about what precisely ought to be done, if some country (say China, for example), quite deliberately, tries to "benefit" from a stolen IPs or tries to "benefit" from other stolen "nationalized assets" in some third country in which western's companies may have originally owned it or may have originally invested in as a "private business". 

Finally, let me know the day you see any Chinese Business Conglomerate that has a some on-going-business in any western world who then decided to take over the Dorraleh Container Terminal (DCT) whilst the court ruling from London still standing. For I then will show you a Chinese company that is likely to be looking forward to an endless years of court-room commercial litigation against them. And will indeed be forced to endure such lengthy court-proceeding in that western's country they are doing a business in, by the likes of DP World and its well remunerated lawyers. 

Are you educating us on the issue or you want somebody else read what you wrote? This games of west and Chinese are not our business  I can tell you it will be  a compromise soon but that will not stop the natural decline in  the west and rise of Chinese and developing emerging countries. The stuff you shared is all over internet, everyone in the world have access to. Nothing is black or white as you perceive things.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:43 PM, Duufaan said:

Are you educating us on the issue or you want somebody else read what you wrote? This games of west and Chinese are not our business  I can tell you it will be  a compromise soon but that will not stop the natural decline in  the west and rise of Chinese and developing emerging countries. The stuff you shared is all over internet, everyone in the world have access to. Nothing is black or white as you perceive things.

Again, your imbecility knows no bound, mate. After all, when you are told how no one will be in a harry to take up the "ownership" of Dorraleh Container Terminal port (DCT), you resort to some beside-the-point issues about how the West and the Chinese are likely to find a means to resolve their differences and issues.

And that was, of course, not the main thrust of the argument in the first place. Nor was the point we were debating in here had anything to with the notion of western decline (if it ever materialize). Given that the central point we were dealing with was about an issue which was specific to the Djibouti's ports and who will own them from this point onward.

Again, my friend, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall, really.

Good day, mate, However, in passing, let me tell you that you will really be well advise to learn somethings (anything) before your open your mouth, rather tendentiously, and then actually end up in "advertising" to all comers the extend to which your "recurring imbecility" is the "condition" in which you are laboring under it.

1 hour ago, Oodweyne said:

Again, your imbecility knows no bound, mate. After all, when you are told how no one will be in a harry to take up the ownership of Dorraleh port, you resort to some asides about how the West and the Chinese are likely to find a means to resolve their issues, which is was not the main thrust of the argument. Nor is the fact of the western decline has any bearing on the issue specific to Djibouti's ports and who will owns them. Again, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

Good day, mate, However, in passing, let me tell you that you will be well advise to learn somethings before your open your mouth and actually advertise to all comers as to your incurable imbecility. 

The old man

The age of the internet and social media, this knowledge you are talking about is more, less useless. A long time ago I told you with all your perceived education, you can not read between lines, I do not know if that has to do with your old age dementia.  it calls inferences and context clues skills. You can go back what you were arguing the last year alone about Jabuuti. and DP world. The fact is nothing has changed. About Chineses companies, and trade wars are all connected. Simply the Chinese and west need each other and will continue to work each other in Africa too, while still competing. Simply your point view showed not right.  

^^^^

Aha, what an idiot. He is still waffling and spouting his cheap bile. However, what is lamentable to note in here, is that when he is put to right and he is told how he doesn't know much, and that he is such a prize-winning pillock, he will turn around say that others have not "understood" the inference he was making it, as if there was any sort of inference to begin with from his tiresome guff in the first place. 

Mate, find out why to this day the Djibouti's government can't sell completely the Dorraleh Container Terminal (DCT). Or even sell half of the "shares" of the DCT to anyone in the whole world. Why, for instance, the Chinese companies (with lots of money to spare) are not beating a path to "purchase" this company? Which is very profitable company, mind you.

After all the Djibouti's government has "nationalized" it and brought the ownership of it into a government's hands from the DP World management. 

Moreover, find out what the US's government actually thinks of what Mr Ghuelleh of Djibouti have done in here with his "nationalization" of this company from the hand of DP World. And how the US view such things. I will give you a clue, and say that it was a "headline news" in recent months from some of the US's Senators in the US's Senate foreign relation Committee, particularly from their recent pronouncement about what they think of the Chinese taking over the Djibouti's ports.

Google it, and you will find it all of these issues and arguments, quite easily. 

In other words, my friend, you really need it to give it rest. For, it's so easy to notice it as to how the US and China are "locked-in" a "Zero-Sum-Game-Competition" for political influence, for power-projection, for naval ports in Africa, for search for economical footprints across Africa, and for trade advantage across Sub-Sahara Africa in particular.

In fact, the recent released US's Africa strategy, which was trotted out by Mr Bolton (i.e., US's National Security Adviser) at the Heritage Organization actually used it's starting point from the "assumption" that says the US and China are actually "locked-in" in a "perpetual Zero-Sum-game-of-competition" across Africa.

Hence, it's your lack of intelligence, not to say nothing about your lack of deep understanding of what is going on in Africa, which in turn made you to assumed, rather blithely, this notion that says US and China are working on a "gentlemanly conduct" of "agreed competition" with above-board rules and regulation, which everyone is following it.

However, that is not the case. And nothing could be further from the truth, in fact.

Furthermore, in fact, Africa, is the new "battle ground" between these two powers, at least in economical and trade competition sort of thing. And Djibouti is likely to be casualty of it, if this trade-wars competition of these two powers in Africa gets more serious than it's already is.

Which means, in so far as the US and China are concern, and in so far as their economical competition in Africa is concern, things, indeed, are, "black and white", at least when it comes to their trade confrontation and "winner-takes-all-competition" in which they are engaged with each other in Africa. And these engagement could be made akin to how things were back in the old Cold War strategical competition between the USA and the then USSR. 

And if you do not know this much, which is seriously lamentable sight to ponder on, given that you actually live in the USA, then, I am afraid, you are more hopeless and therefore more to be pitied as a result of it, than anything else, indeed. 

• Like 1

I do not know why you like to use right wing organizations as reference such as heritage and others. The real power and the money are hands of the liberal in America and they are heavily invested in China. Apple, Tosla and Boeng are all there, just few. All Apple phones are made in China and China is one of their lucrative market. Even Starbucks is there.  They rather want to change the Chinese behavior and not allow Trump to hurt their investment. For short, Trump will get a deal from China,enough to brag on. That will not  stop competion. At this point Africans can not buy American products but they can buy Chinese products. Africans may able to buy American product made in china like IPhones or Tosla electric cars. So it is more things going, so do not confuse the headlines.

^^^^

Yet, again, you are hopeless in so many level, that I do not know where to start. But, lets just say, that, first of all, the Heritage Organization may be of a right-wing outfit, at least politically speaking, however it was the "setting" (or the venue) in which US's new Africa Strategy was unveiled by none other US's National Security Adviser, Mr Bolton. And that was what I was getting at in my reference to their name in here. 

Hence, I was not at all talking about their ideological orientation. For that didn't interested me that much in here. Rather it was a way of telling you that it was such a place and venue in which the current US's administration have chosen to revealed its brand new "US's Africa's Strategical policy".

Man, you are hopeless even for the cognition of a simple argument. Or perhaps you lack even the flimsiest ability to follow through the understanding of a basic proposition. 

One wonders whether you are a bit of a malfunctioning AI bot. Or something of that sort. Perhaps, one wonders whether you are more of a mere strapping teenager who simply have never heard nothing of these kind of deep arguments previously, and therefore is finding a tad difficult to follow through the cut and the thrust of a discussion at hand of this kind. 

Well, be that as it may, and if we briskly move on, we can say that the likes of US's corporations may be wishing to "protect" their investment in China. But Mr Trump and his boys, especially the likes of Mr Bolton and the likes of the US's trade representative (USTR), are the ones who will make the US's trade policy in Africa.

And Apple or no Apple, or any other company will not carry the day in "defining" US's African's Strategy other than what the Pentagon and the State Department, all in turn supervised by Mr Bolton's office at the National Security Council (NSC), says the US's strategical engagement of Africa should be.

You really should need to know how each continent (or region) in the world is views by each department of the US's government.

For instance, the Middle East and Africa, are strictly regions that are view through the "prism" of what Pentagon and the the US's various spooks organizations (i.e., NSA/CIA/NIA) says the US's strategy towards those regions should be about.

Furthermore the US's treasury department and US's commerce department, don't have the final (or decisive) say of how US ought to deal with any issue emanating from those specific regions. 

Which means, what we are talking about in here is the "Macro-level Strategical's take" of the US's view of Africa and how the US is currently dealing with that region (as a whole). And as I said it you should really go on and actually google the "Trump's Administration new Strategy for Africa". For it's all there, mate.

Hence, stop wasting your timing in thinking that what the likes of Apple or Starbucks of this world says about US's engagement towards China will give you any larger handle of what that US's Strategy to China will be. Or at least stop thinking that what these US's companies prefer as the strategy they favor for the US to "adopt" will be the same strategy in which the US will engage, henceforth, with China on the African's continent.

For whatever these companies may prefer for Trump's administration to pursue as its policies towards China, will not be the "final decisive vote" that in turn will determine US's policy towards China. And you should know that by now, my friend. 

Hence, all I can say to you in here is to say: May the force be with you, and may you have a happy days in hunting/googling and then reading it as well as understanding, as to what that "US's strategy for Africa", actually amount to in the cold light of the day. And how that "strategy" explains what the US will be doing in any given circumstances where China's policies in Africa are concern.

Read that strategical policy paper in length. Try to understand it fully. And then come in here so that we can pick things up from there, particularly after you became a bit more informed about what you wish to discuss with the rest of us in here. Deal?

Oodweyne is right  though many would think that coperations such  as Apple and Starbucks have a say in U.S. foreign policy from the economic point of view and it's trade  battles with China. The U.S. is looking this from a along  term the next decades or so and to keep its world dominance.because it's heavily  challenged by the people's republic of China the trade war was predicted whether trump was there or not.Republican and democrat all agree to this