Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

Police Torture Kill a Somali Man - In Revenge

Blessed   

Salaams Londoners,

This is from an email forward. Please do your best to support this family and send this to as many ppl as you can.... Insha Allah.

An innocent young Somali man died- Somali Community demand justice.

Join the demonstration in support this Saturday 2:00pm

FAMILY WANTS TRUTH ABOUT HOW NUUR SAEED DIED

Nuur Saeed died on 24 January from injuries he sustained following a police raid on a flat in south east London. He is the most obvious victim of what local residents are calling a "wave of harassment" of the Somali community in recent months.

In the wake of the 7 July bombing attacks on London and the murder of policewoman Sharon Beshenivsky in Bradford last December, there has been a severe escalation of police harassment of the Somali community. Since then Somalis report an increase in general abuse and verbal and physical assaults.

According to Nuur's cousin Faisa, "On 10 January the house was raided by the police, apparently with a search warrant. They say my husband ran off the second floor balcony and fell. It took hours in the hospital to get any information. On 24 January he died from those injuries.

"I need a full explanation of what happened. I have never had any contact with the police, but so many people have told me of their bad experiences. So many people find themselves in a similar situation. Hopefully people acting together can find out the truth and make a difference."

In another case one woman, who didn't want to be named, described the experience of being raided by the police. She said, "When I heard the noise my first instinct was to run and call the police. Then I realised it was the police.

"They said they had a warrant, but they didn't show us one. When they had gone, the flat looked like it had been struck by a storm. There were holes in the wall where they had used a hammer, and wiring ripped out. All our things were thrown on the floor, and the mattresses overturned."

There is a vibrant Somali community in south east London, but in recent months people talk of a climate of fear created by the police.

Islow, a young Somali man, says, "The way the police behave around here is terrible. They are racist. I've been stopped and searched six times. They are like wild dogs; I was put in a neck hold, and was picked up and thrown to the ground!"

His friend agreed, "The police suddenly appear from nowhere. The last time one of them said 'sit down you black ******* ' and pushed me to the ground. A lot of the time they simply tell you to move and push you."

While Metropolitan Police commissioner Ian Blair is pointing to the institutional racism of the media, south east London shows the reality of racism by the police. Plumstead police station in the area was at the heart of the scandal around the Stephen Lawrence case.

Terrifying

On the night of the killing of Steven Lawrence in April 1993, witness Duwayne Brooks was mistreated there and made to feel like a suspect. Several detectives at Plumstead were identified as being part of the "institutional racism" of the Metropolitan police in the Macpherson report.

More recently Patricia Coker's son Paul died at Plumstead police station in August 2005. At a meeting last week she said, "To have someone taken away by the state in this way is terrifying.

"The people at the top are simply not doing what needs to be done. A disproportionate number of those who die in these circumstances are black. Is this because they treat all people of colour as criminals?"

Another case gives an insight into the atmosphere within the police.

On Monday of last week policeman Warren Bell appeared at Bow Street Magistrates charged with racially aggravated public order and a public order offence. He was alleged to have made monkey noises at a 20-year old man while he was in the custody suite at Plumstead station. He was suspended last year.

It is not simply a few officers overstepping the mark. Last year Tarique Ghaffur, a Metropolitan Police assistant commissioner and the man responsible for community policing, launched an attack on the Somali community.

He told the Financial Times news­paper, "The Somali community, have got no established roots, no sense of citizenship, no active youth diversion."

The Justice for Nuur campaign is demanding that there is an independent inquiry into the circum!

stances surrounding his death and that the police officers involved are immediately suspended from duty. It also wants an immediate and independent investigation into Woolwich police's alleged harassment of young men, especially those of the Somali community.

Please Join Justice for Nuur demonstration:

Plumstead Police Station, Plumstead High Street, London SE18 this

Saturday 4th February at 2pm.

Nearest Buses and Trains

Buses: 180, 469, 96, 177, 99, 422, 244.

Trains: South Eastern Trains from Charing Cross, London Bridge.

Nearest Trains Station: Plumstead Station or Woolwich Arsenal.

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum.

Allah yaa raxah marxuunkii dhintay, samir iyo iiman Allah ha ka siiyo ehelkiisi iyo qaraabadii uu ka geeriyooday. Waleelkeen laba Xiin isna samir iyo iiman Allah ha ka siiyo saxibkii.

To my brothers/sister in SOL, please pray that Allah grants his servent the everlasting peace of paradise.

For those of you living in England go and participate in protesting this ruthless and unreasonable killing of our dear Somali brother. Show that you care and show them he hailed from large community and great people; Somalis. Stand beside each other and demand answers back from the so the called police officers or law guirdians.

I am not in England but I will do whatever in my power in praying for my brother. I will curse and hold deep anger and hatred towards those who have murdered him.

While you are there take a message and deliver it for me, that our people; Somalis are not toys that can be wasted but are human beings that need to be respected as other citizens of the country. It's anfortunate for you, the so called police officers to initiate violence and spread hatred in the community. We the Somali community demand an answer to why the police have cold bloodlesly murder innocent person. Tell them to prepare to pay back heavy price from the Somali community in and around England and worldwide. We don't simply except such a brutal act, and tell them also to prepare to pay even heavier price from the owner of the soul they have unrightfully killed in the hereafter and tell them to get ready for the flames of the hellfire whose fuel is men and stones. :mad:

May Allah have merycy on him and grant him the everlasting peace in paradise.

moreover, to my brother laba Xiin, I feel the pain that you are going through and I am deeply saddened by the death of your dear friend as well as ours and we will stand beside you to defend our rights as a people.

WingA   

Allahu Raxma Nur Saeed..

the demo went very well and inshallah we shall provide the pictures of the demo..

am deeply happy and thankful to all the ppl who sent theie Duaa's to Nur and he's family and may allah grant him pardise..amiin..

jeezakallah khair..