Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

Minneapolis controversy over attending an “interfaith service”

in the year 638, the caliph Omar, the second caliph of islam and considered by Muslims universally to be among the the only 8 "rightly guided" caliphs conquered Jerusalam, a multi faith city at the time. The Caliph asked the the Christian patriarch Sophronius to accompany him on a visit to all the holy places. During their tour, the patriarch asked the Caliph to pray with him in the church of the holy sepulcher, the holiest church in Christianity. The Caliph refused, not because he did not want pray with the patriarch but because according to the Caliph, "later muslims might claim the church and make it into a mosque because it would be considered the church Omar prayed in". This is 638 and muslims in 2010 are thinking like that.

What do you do in an interfaith? You pray to God and for those in need! Only modern Somalis would find fault in praying together with god's others despite this being done to include them and praying to God, the one thing all religions have in common.

N.O.R.F   

The discussion is on whether or not the people who made statements regarding those attending the multi faith event were right or wrong.

It is not about 'if' a multi faith prayer is ok in Islam. Taa waa laiska ogyahay (apart from you of course).

Sometimes Norf, you make your self seem more of a simpleton then i give you credit for. Sense this is about a radical imaam response to a multi faith prayer, it would seem relevant that I give my two cents on the subject. Furthermore, maxaad isla ogtaheen? that its permissible to attend interfaith services? That you can pray in a church? please do clearify...

N.O.R.F   

Naxar, call me a simpleton but you know I'm right. No one was contesting that taking part in other prayer rituals is ok in Islam. We were discussing whether or not the Imam and the people who made those statements regarding the attendees' faith are right or wrong. Wax fahan.

Oh, surprise surprise, you have questions heh.

Som@li   

Originally posted by AYOUB:

quote:Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

All this brouhaha because of this simple presence?
shakehead.gif

But wait, there more...
:D

IMG_8987.jpg

IMG_8991.jpg

IMG_8946.jpg

IMG_8974.jpg

Istauuu istauu sufuufakum
:D

^La Ilaaala Ilaah, Masaakiinta wa la hoos dhigay, Aqoon daro. smile.gif

On Sunday Service, watching this on national TV , Good muslims have right to complain

The pics Ayoub posted do highlight the mistake they made. You can even see how uncomfortable some of them are standing there. However this was not a prayer and the comments from Shiekh A/Qani and subsequent attacks by the wild website just made the whole thing worse.

This whole thing could have been solved by those concerned having a private meeting with the Imaam’s and even going over the pics and listening to their point of the story. But to have a war of words on the VOA, like politicians back home and to trade attacks within different Masjids, each group with their acolytes going for the jugular is disheartening.

Now the wider media is picking this up and will no doubt seize upon the opportunity to further demonize the poor Somali’s and their “extremist” Imam’s.

Ayoub the pictuer you posted was them reading the agenda of the meeting.

I watched the interview of the somali photographer who took the picture and he explained that it was the meeting agenda being handed outside the entrance by muslim somali yout .. and he even provided the intervwer a copy of the agenda.

yes, the photos look damning .. but dont you find it strange that .. people who were attending to leave islam show up to this place wearing hijabs and even excuse themselves during the event to go pray maghrib and re-join.