Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Is Somalia a Model?

Very interesting article, though I'm always skeptical of these fanatical, paranoid, anarchists (the puckered face gives it away). Your thoughts?

"The Somali nation abolished its central government ten years ago and became a stateless nation," the article begins. "During that time, the fears expressed by many international observers that Somalia would fall into chaos have not only not been realized, but many Somalis are finding statelessness an agreeable condition. Somalia is more peaceful, and the people are becoming more prosperous...".

Xoogsade   

Hi Scarlet, it is an excellent article, thank you. It defined Somalis and their thinking better than I could ever imagine. It must have taken years of observation and keen interest in us to come to this exact understanding of our community.

As for the Question you asked, I would say only feudal societies might take a cue from Somalia's failure and do something before they disintegrate. I don't know how Somalia can be a model for countries that don't have clan systems or clan culture. The article exposed problems with clan loyalty and how it trumps everything else and is saying perhaps Somalia is better off in a decentralized state where clans don't feel threatened by each other and each community has its own freedom.

Inshallah, we hope somalis will live peacefully and in prosperity. I also hope that out of every community, comes strong willed, islamic oriented somalis who take the mantle so it becomes easy to bridge, mend, and bring people together.