Sign in to follow this  
grasshopper

I don't drive...and that's OK with me

N.O.R.F   

Driving here is a must.

Dabshid, you miss the petrol prices miya? In two and a half years the price of fuel I've been oblivious to. Fill her up every 3 days :confused:

Som@li   

^Mineral water is still more expensive than petrol in UAE? I guess,

Yes, U can't do without a car in UAE.

Saxb, waa Dhac halka,

Blessed   

Originally posted by grasshopper:

I'm in my mid-twenties and I don't drive. people tell me I should be embarrassed to admit that. but i'm not =)

for some reason, I've never been compelled to get behind the wheel of a car and the only reason I got my driver's license was so that I can use it as photo-ID
:D
I'm not scared of driving, I'm not a tree hugger and my refusal to drive is not a manifestation of my inability to take control of my life!

I don't think I'm missing out on much. and besides it's so damn expensive. what with rising oil prices and the congested roads, I think I'm doing myself a favour. and until somebody reigns in these insurance companies, I'm not sure I can ever afford to drive.

Anyway, long story short: I don't drive, probably never will and I'm damn OK with that
:D
long live public transportation!

Are there other non-drivers out there?

I was like you when I lived in the civilised world but I've made the mistake of not bothering to go for my DL. I moved to the ME faster than expected or planned and boy, YOU NEED to have a car here. So, I had to go through the most tedious process to get my DL.

Still, I'm not much of a driver, it's like suicide driving here but am not so dependent on others and silly taxis now. And that feels good.