Sign in to follow this  
Ariadne

What kind of animal are you?!

Ariadne   

Chinese astrology is based on the chinese calender which has a different animal for every year. I think the official Chinese New Year is Feb 13 so anything before that day is whatever the previous animal was.

Western Horoscopes have never done it for me...with the what sign are you. I much rather prefer to ask people what animal they are or better yet, what kind of animal they are.

Go to the link below and type in your birthdate to find out what animal you are in the chinese zodiac . chinese astrology

Lefty   

Well, I know my exact date of Birth.

Anyway, I'm a Horse! this is what it said.

-----------------------------------

"Thank goodness for open spaces, because the Horse needs plenty of room to roam! Energetic, good with money and very fond of travel, Horses are the nomads of the Chinese Zodiac, roaming from one place or project to the next. All of this Sign's incessant activity and searching may be to satisfy a deep-rooted desire to fit in. Paradoxically, Horses feel a simultaneous yearning for independence and freedom." And more BLAH BLAH BLAH

------------------------------------------------

My animal in the chinese zodiac is MONKEY..heheh. http://chinese.astrology.com/monkey.html

It was interesting reading about the monkey, althou most of it DOESN'T describe me. This part is true : "Monkeys are also good listeners and tackle complicated situations with ease. This Sign's natural curiosity lends it the desire to become knowledgeable on a broad range of topics". But I do not crave attention and the constant need to party 24/7.

Hey cushtic, u didnt' say yours.

LMAO, no prez, I didn't use that date. I guess am older than you :D

Oppppppps, I initially used the chart to determine my b-day forgetting i was born in February since "the Chinese year ends on the first new moon of the following year". LoL, I guess am a goat then.

Ariadne   

This is what I am ......sob :( ......more sob....a pig... :(redface.gif:(redface.gif

-------------------------------------------

Contrary to its rather negative reputation in the West, the Pig of Chinese Astrology may be the most generous and honorable Sign of the Zodiac. Pigs are nice to a fault and possess impeccable manners and taste. They have so much of the perfectionist in them that others may be inclined to perceive them as snobs, but this is a misconception. Pigs are simply possessed of a truly luxurious nature, one that delights in finery and riches (in surroundings, food, lovemaking and otherwise). This Sign believes in the best qualities of mankind and certainly doesn't consider itself to be superior. Pigs also care a great deal about friends and family and work hard to keep everyone in their life happy. Helping others is a true pleasure for the Pig, who feels best when everyone else is smiling.

A Pig with no one around to appreciate its giving nature is a sad sight. Pigs are so magnanimous they can appear almost saintly; this can lead some less-than-well-intentioned souls to stomp all over this Sign, and the bad news is, the Pig will take the blows! Pigs make great companions in part because of their refusal to see the more negative or base qualities in a partner, but that rose-colored view can lead to this Sign's allowing itself to be taken advantage of. Contrary to their seemingly benign dispositions, however, Pigs can be quite venomous in response to being crossed by a lover, friend or business partner.

-------------------------------------------

My animal traits are not me at all but this one I can definetly agree with: "Pigs are so magnanimous they can appear almost saintly"

I'm always telling ppl Im a effing saint :D

Ariadne   

LOL tamina my sister is a goat it says goats and pigs are supposed to get along gorgeously, but we fight constantly...... well maybe every other week....

wow tamina your a goat (goats are pretty much the philisophocal dreamers that are slightly new age) hey look at it this way better than a pig/door mat

OMG, ME TOOO. My sister's b-day falls on the pig zodiac and of all my sisters me n' her always get into constant fights over everything. hmmmm let me explore some more on what this site says.

Haneefah   

Oooh...a ROOSTER, how exciting eh icon_razz.gif personally, i don't buy into horescopes but this one scared the heck outa me...it sooo described me :eek: well on many parts at least.

This is one of my favourite facts "Roosters like to go out with friends, and they will be the best-dressed one of the bunch--style counts with this sign, regardless of the cost" :D ...maybe not totally!

And yea, Guyz, they said my best compatible match would be either an ox or a snake...hmmn, let's see if we have some in da house first, then maybe we can work sumthin' out ;)

Ariadne   

yes, I know -sob- its sad is it not?

*cries to herself and reluctantly accepts the hug from nafisa*

sob :( thanks Nafisa

by the way roosters aren't so bad, its actaully funny watching them walk around they think they own the farm just cuz they wake the farmer....us other farm animals will show them ;)