Sign in to follow this  
Nadiira

relationship before marrige........ should we have that???

Nadiira   

what do u guys think about relatonship before marrige?? Why do some of us do stuff like that when our religion says No to that kind of stuff.

I wouldn't say our religion condemns dating before marriage it just tries to prevent pre-marital sex you know. Do you think every somali person just decided to get married one day...they got to nkow the person first then they got married(most of them). So in actuality you can date but you just have to keep you morals/values/and religion at heart. And be discreet about it. Do be all of your "boo" in public places.

two fingers~

burco's 1st lady

Ayliban   

i think no sex befor marrige we should do what our relgion told us to do

any way

why u ask that question

do u wannn have sex befor amrrige geee gril plz let me tell u somthing dont go in the worng line go in da right line

p.s ayliban

TO BE HONEST WITH U

I SUPPORT DA WHOLE THING WIT DATING BE4 GETTIN MARRIED...AND IT SOUNDS REASONABLE TO ME

BECUZ IF U DON'T DATE AND LOOK AROUND DEN HOW ARE U GONNA FIND DAT RITE GUY....I KNA FOR SURE DAT MY PARENTS AINT GONNA BE DA ONES GETTIN ME MY HUSBAND...HELL NAH ..I AINT DOWN WIT DAT SH*T

BUT YEA U SHOULD DATE AROUND TO FIND SOMEONE....BUT DAT MEAN U GOTTA GO AROUND DATING LIKE CRAZY....CUZ DATS JUS BEING A *** AIGHT SISTERS....

A7LA-SHU   

gotta agree with the ones who said u can get to know the person but no having sex..

i mean think about it. u don't just wake up one day and say that is the person iwanna marry.. u gotta take the time to get to know him/her and see if they are right for ya.. so whatever name u give it, dating or not dating there will be getting to know each other before marriage

and i heard this story from some white american lady who became muslim few years ago.. she was telling us she liked this middle eastern guy and since he was muslim at that time he couldn't date and all, so they had his brother, mom or sis be with them while they get to know each other and finally they got married i thought that was kinda kool and interesting..

well let me see my take on this..i think dating before marriage as long as it is what you guyz both want and keeping allah in mind then nothing will go wrong..and i have to agree with majority of you...cuz how else would you know the real person with out spending time together to get to know how they really are on a daily basis..after all thats the person you planning to spend the rest of ya life...and in my oppinion..with out spending time before marriage is the cause of the raising somali divorce ratio..but thats just my oppinion..and Magnoona..lol..i don't know about mom or relative following and going dates with a person..cuz thats just awkward..

salaamz..

Can.. someone tell me the deffinition of dateing?? i didn't know we had that in Islam LOL

Ummm.. this is a BIG issue in the somali Community,, But i don't think dateing is the right word for Muslims,,,,, did u know that if you are talking to the opposite sex, alone you must have someone older wiser there with you??

Alhamdulillah Allah made our religion simple for Us... but we don't see it because we are so influenced by this lost souls.... aka Kufaars..

Yes, you can get to know the person before getting married to them, But in a manner where he'she mustn't explore You, to the extend that the person can read your mind and Body. no matter how strong you are remember the shaytaan's jOB in this world is to take us with him to hell Fire, so why risk it??

You temptations run outa controle specially when you with the Opposite sex, Even words can get you in Trouble.. ma suggestion is Forget Dating, and Remember Allah,,,,,,,,,and i've noticed everyone mentioning no sex... is that what dateing is??

How 'bout little innocent Cuddles' are Kiss's even if it's on the Chick? is that allowed?? Did Allah not Forbid them??

Because right now im thinking Dateing is all those,, going to tha movies getting tha pop corn' then stretch'ya hand Bang.. tha game has started'' Gee........ i wonder what that leads to??

Also.. there is this hadith.. that mentions Humans haveing Desire and a brain' animals only have Desire angels only a Brain... Now Allah say's if a human lets his'her desire take controle he'she 'lll be lower then an animal... and if a human Uses only his Brain he' she 'll be higher then an Angel... Masha'allah.. this world is decorated,with tempararily Pleasures' and those among them tha most dangerous are Women??? See....i think'i'vae said enough...

Takecare Kids

ma'salamah

SuRvIvEr   

people let me tell u something we somalians are cowards waallahi since when the heck do we know about dating even though i come to north america at a young age but i think i was old enough to remember that we did not know about what these kufaars know and that is dating and adultury please my somalian people we need to go back to our culture but most impotantly our religion cuz the end of the world as we know is coming to an end. i am really :( for all of U that act no better f**k kufaar.

i just dont know how u gonna get in to marrige with out relationship..i mean u cant just jump and say well i feel like getting merry and am just gonna pick anyone i see..i think u should date around and when u fine that person u know u wanna spend the rest of ur life with then shit get merry then.. ;)

thats all folks!

nindoon   

Alright people, everyone is gonna do whatever rocks they boat thats just the way it is! But people do me a favour and dont make this halal when our deen clearly states that dating/sex/talking to men without your muxaram being there is xaram! SO PEEPS lets not lose our way completely!

Do what you gotta do but use the religion as an excuse................

peace

Why are u all answering this question as if u are a kafir answering it. If u were all back in somalia right now what makes u think u would be dating someone before u would get married. First of all we are muslims and dating is not permisable in islam so thats all their is to the question.

If u disagree holla,cause I dont see what their is to disagree on

Oh Lawd!!

Here we go wit da Agree and Disagree..

i agree wit abid..he's rite as long as nuthin happens between da sheets den ur save..but i do support it all da way..i need me a man who undrstands me..we have to go thru thick and thin in order to marry each otha..it aint easy to jus let yo moms n pops to pick and chose for you..becus obviously they aint da ones whos gettin stuck wit dis guy for life time...we are!!. .so if am gona spend time wit 1 person for da rest of my life...Oh Snap...then this guy betta be entertainin and handsome....etc... :rolleyes: