Khayr

'LUCKY' man wins $30million-Lost family Discovered

Khayr   

Family paying for $30M win

Media harassing relatives, winner's brother contends

Should have `up and moved' Sobeski kin says

PETER SMALL

STAFF REPORTER

Even though winning a lottery is almost everyone's dream, for the extended family of the $30 million man it's become a nightmare, his brother says.

The furor over the surfacing of two former wives and a woman claiming to be still married to Raymond Sobeski has forced his parents to go into hiding and his siblings to lie low, said his brother, Larry Sobeski.

"Probably the best thing we could have done is everybody just up and moved," he said from his home west of Brantford.

Raymond Sobeski kept his $30 million secret for almost a year until he appeared at a Lotto Super 7 news conference last Thursday to claim Canada's largest single lottery jackpot. He also said he was single.

Since then, reporters have been banging on the door of the family farm in the rural community of Harley and taking pictures of the house. Locals are stopped on the street and asked what they think, and false stories have appeared saying he's behind on child support for his two children, 12 and 13, Sobeski said.

"All of a sudden the family name is being smashed on TV," he said. "My parents are good people, real good people and they don't need this."

Sobeski said he doesn't know where his brother is vacationing, though he's been in touch.

Meanwhile, a Woodstock mother of four continues to insist she is legally married to the lottery winner. Nynna Ionson said she is confused about why he kept her in the dark about the ticket. "Thirty million dollars and me. Why wouldn't you want both?"
(I can think of a few reason why!
:D
)

Court documents surfaced last week showing Sobeski had been twice married, divorced at least once, and had two children.

Ionson met Sobeski Dec. 10, 1994, and they eloped exactly four years later, she said. She said she is finding it hard to reconcile her feelings with Sobeski's decision to sit on a lottery ticket while she was struggling.

"I believe he loves me, but I'm confused why he'd let me suffer for an entire year," she said. "I can't believe he did it. It's been the worst year of my life."

She said Sobeski gave her separation papers more than a year ago and she received, but didn't sign, divorce papers in January.

She also said their relationship has continued.

Meanwhile, Sobeski's second wife and the mother of his two children, Sherry Sobeski, was away from her Bobcaygeon home to dodge the media, said paralegal Paula Markus.

I think that somewhere down the line, we are related, I'm sure of it and no one can tell me I'm not. Sobeskiiiiii, remember grandpa Adam! :D

I just want to get to know my 'brother' again,

won't ask for 'MUCH'-lol

A$$ All

I think that somewhere down the line, we are related, I'm sure of it and no one can tell me I'm not. Sobeskiiiiii, remember grandpa Adam!

I just want to get to know my 'brother' again,

won't ask for 'MUCH'...

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolz@Khayr.

Haven't laughed that bad so long!

yeah, the long-lost and estranged brother, whom you, Kheyr last heard he lived somewhere in NA, right?

Had this been broadcasted on national TV, this guy would've faced quite a dilemma!

Kheyr, that was a cracker.

Hey, you never know, I could win something similar one day, now is a good time to mend those broken and long forgotten lineage between you and Moi!.....................lol.

Good story. Just shows how things can turn out so tough, we you thought it least.

Salaams.