Sign in to follow this  
Jamster

He has WON--Like father like son.

Jamster   

Editor's Note

The editorial board of wardheerNews takes an exceptional pride in congratulating Warsame Ali Khalif Galaydh in becoming, along with his debate-mate, the top kid in this valuable craft of debate that only few excel. The achievement of Warsame is a rare testimony that Somalis are resilient and, when given a nurturing environment and right opportunity, are serious competitors and do often excel. It is also an unforgettable inspiration to the hundreds and thousands of young Somalis who are struggling in urban America and throughout the cities of the West not to become a mere urban statistics.

A not-so small credit also goes to the parents who guided this young high achiever through the turbulent years of an immigrant teen-age child in this vast and imposing culture of America whose tribulations and trappings suck in the unguided and unsuspecting child. It takes two, united parents and a willing child, to make it through the many nights and days of school home work and extra-curricular activities that make the groundwork for a successful life journey.

We challenge all Somali parents and their inspiring children to take notice of Warsame's achievement and try to emulate his so that we collectively create a better community.We similarly encourage other Somali parents who have similar stories to send it to us.

----

State Champs

"If you see them in the hallways or in your classrooms,” wrote debate coach Mike Vergin in an email to all faculty and staff, “please congratulate Bert Hilke and Warsame Galaydh on winning the 2006 Minnesota State High School League's Classic Debate State Festival this weekend."

Yes, Mr. Vergin, we will - Kudos to Warsame and B......

http://www.wardheernews.com/News_07/22_Warsame_State_Champs.html

Soomaalidu hadalka wey u dhasheen

LoooooL....true laakin mostly muran micna la,aana waaye. The sad thing is we are capable so much more.

Kudos to the kid. I wish him the best.

Originally posted by BloomDeyr:

Debating iyo iska hadal are two different things missy; the boy is doing well-- good genes I must say.

must you? You swim in the same gene pool, I wager.

Jamster   

nop. my father is a simple cow herder in the jungle of waamo whereas his father is product of harvard and his mother post grad educated woman too.

Chev; bit of both; let us just say nurture and nature

Pujah   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

No....more like better parents.Parents who actually take interest in their child's welfare and education.

I couldn’t agree with you more, I think parents have major role in their child’s development and it’s very sad that these days many parents think their responsibility ends at providing food and shelter.