Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Do you believe in the Rule of Law?

Peacenow   

I believe strongly in the concept of 'Rule of Law'. Now having said that, I'm realistic, this is Somalis we are talking about. The majority are not even educated.

In principle it means no one is above the law. That my relation to you and the state should therefore be governed by it. The rule of law has never been established in Somalia.

Do you believe in the concept? Would you like to see it applied to Somalia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_law

Fabregas   

The rule of law has never been established in Somalia? Who told you that? Secondly, uneducated and nomadic Somalis still rules and regulations that governed their way of life. One doesn't need to be educated to have rules of law. Various nomadic tribes across the world who couldn't read or write had systems of representative governments and rules of law... Europeans travellers could travel from one Somali clan territory to another relatively peacefully due the Somali clan system which had rules of law. Somalis have also had various Emirates, Sultantes and Garad systems which we governed by rules of law.So it is a bit misleading to say that Somalis have never the rule of law.