Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Juno the movie - Anyone seen it?

Khayr   

Salams,

I just watched Juno the other day and am still scratching my head over it.

What are the critics raving about? :rolleyes:

Its definitely not like Superbad or Knocked Up.

Dhubad.   

^ I have watched it on Virgin Atlantic flight from Nairobi. ;) I thought it was quite good and entertaining to watch.

Nephissa   

Watched it with my teen cousins redface.gif , omg what the fark was that? and what message are they sending to kids? Tried to drag them out but they wouldn't listen :( . We left the movie being :mad: @ each other which is not a wonderful feeling on a night out..

Miriam1   

^lol@frak...BSG is the best, so much better than fudge

Um Juno was okay, the humour was there but I still found it very strange that after all that she went back to play her guitar with that boy like nothing happened to her physically or emotionally?!

Cara.   

Hayam is the final cylon.

I thought Juno was sweet but maybe a little too wee, much like the soundtrack.

Miriam1   

I was about to reveal myself as the final cylon aka President Rosalin...

If its Adama or his son...I will endup smashing my 52 inch HDTV

:( last season

winnie   

you mean you liked superbad and knockedup???

yeah, this movie is completely different. for one thing, its targetting a slightly smarter crowd (yeah, the dialogue is smart, tongue in cheek, and aimed at people who need their intellect validated by understanding big words... i fall into that categuory)

peasant   

Originally posted by Khayr:

Salams,

I just watched Juno the other day and am still scratching my head over it.

What are the critics raving about? :rolleyes:

Its definitely not like Superbad or Knocked Up.

So you liked Superbad? I thought that movie had alot of anti-muslim elements in it. I dont know if you noticed. At one time they made fun off the name of our beloved prophet Mohamed (PBUH) and that was when one of them was making the fake id for him self. There was also another offensive remark that had something to do with terrorism, i cant remember the exact scene. Overall that was one hell of a suckky movie and to hell the zionist who wrote it.

me   

I think Juno was better then superbad and knocked up......that chick was witty. maybe too witty, but she was sympethetic.....good movie to watch, but no need for all this hype.....just watch it for what it is, a good movie with allot of OTT american sarcasm and we know they su*k at it.

That lil'chick from Juno reminded me of that Janeane Garofalo chick.......wey ka soo dhex baxaysay.

Khayr   

Originally posted by shaken and deterred:

you mean you liked superbad and knockedup???

yeah, this movie is completely different. for one thing, its targetting a slightly smarter crowd (yeah, the dialogue is smart, tongue in cheek, and aimed at people who need their intellect validated by understanding big words... i fall into that categuory)

Superbad and Knocked up are comedies and they achieved their point - to make people laugh and fall in love with their characters. They are not social commentaries and nothing is to be expected of them in that regard.

June, on the other hand had the movie critics praising it and saying that it deserved 'Best Picture'.

If there is a main message in Juno, it is the new age message of 'The Only thing Right is What I think and feel is Right'.

Here are some of the messages in that movie:

• Teenage pregnancy happens, so just accept it.
  • Surrogacy and trading kids and giving them up for adoption is Acceptable, albeit some might have reservations about them at the end of the day, they are acceptable and valid options
  • Divorce is a natural course of marriage
  • Parents should accept teenage pregnancy and support their daughters through such times.
  • Do what YOU feel and think is RIGHT b/c you control your destiny

On another note,

The main character is cynical and this cynicism is not to be confused with intelligence. Its a trait of the IPOD generation. :D

underdog   

Originally posted by Hayam:

I was about to reveal myself as the final cylon aka President Rosalin...

If its Adama or his son...I will endup smashing my 52 inch HDTV

:(
last season

I don't know about President Roslin...she's got Cancer. But she IS the best candidate (Hey if Saul Tigh is Toaster anything goes).

BUT, I still haven't discounted GAIUS BALTAR

And whats the story with the hybrid babies? Sharon's baby and now Chief Tyrol's baby.

Miriam1   

Gaius Baltar...I am not sure about, he lived with the cylons and more! why didn't they pick up on it and more he was on the ship when the others heard the song.

The hybrid babies are the new generation I think, humans and toasters together. The funny thing is if they reach earth, what year is it?

next episode promises to be good, just saw the preview on space. Callie's death will be amazing! she is by far the most annoying character.