Sign in to follow this  
Jamilah

PLEASE, help us resolve this matter!

Jamilah   

Asalamu Calykum my fellow brothers and sisters,

A friend of mine and I have been having a quarrel about “DESTINY AND FATE”. She seems to think that we have absolutely no control of the future and what will happened will happened. I saw this from an Islamic point of view Allah (SWT) knows what they future brings but we have control of the present for an example if there was an apple and pear in front of you and you had the choice to choose any of the fruit and you choose the apple Allah knows you would choose the apple but that does not mean you were “destined” to choose the apple but it was a choice you had.

Waiting for a reasonable solution…

Salaam

OG Moti   

Sister Jamiila great point you made there, but i think this issue is very complex and need Islamic scholar point of view.. if i say something about i would feel i am giving a FATWA and i know not many people are qualified to so.. but i guess u made a good point, and i think the future we have no control of it what so afer, we work hard to get what we want or reach where we want to reach in the future if it happens the way wee wanted it Alhamdullilah .. wht we wanted is what god wanted for us and if we dont get it, than maybe Allah did not want us to get it... and Always Allah never disappoints those who work hard and the merciiful Allah is nothing to worry inshaAllah...peace

Curly   

I heard these sort of issues are haram to ask or think about, apparently after a while they get you questioning your faith. :(

Like what Jamila said about the apple and the pear, well If Allah has already written down your fate and Allah knows which fruit you will chose then is it really a choice made by yourself?

Then can you control whether you go to hell or heaven?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Jamilah   

Asalamu Calykum,

Thanks alot you guys for your help but sadly my question still remains unanswered. This friend of mine really believes that you have no control of your life that what you did and are going to do was planned out for you but seriously speaking i cannot get my head around to this theory because when you get up to pray you make this desicion it is not like as if it was planned for you to get up and it was not a desicion you made.

Everytime i discuss this issue with somebody i am left in confusion and my head just goes aroung in circles. I really need an Islamic answer.

Saalam