Sign in to follow this  
Shumey

Zamzam Axmed Ducaale: What has become of her story?

Shumey   

Some time last year i came across a disturbing article written by Yasmeen Maxamuud (Rape: A Conspiracy of Silence) about a 16-year old Somali female student and orphan-Zamzam Ahmed Ducaale-who was brutally raped by 6 Somali men and later tortured and imprisoned in Somaliland.

http://wardheernews.com/Articles_06/Jan/22_Conspiracy_Yasmeenl.htm

An interview about her is to be found on www.agabso.com

I am wondering what has become of Zamzam?

Where has her story ended?

Is she still in jail?

Has justice been served?

Can someone please fill me in??

Taliban   

I used to follow Zamzam's news years ago. What happened to her was dreadful. It would be interesting to read the latest news about her. I hope she's fine.

Shumey   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

9 tons of lies ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Jacaylbaro, its ridiculous to suggest that what happened to Zamzam is a lie. I have been following this story and there is evidence showing the torture on her left breast and body as well as the rape; she was examined.

I wonder if you'd make the same outbursts if she was from SL. You are biased, its obvious.

However, i thought pple here were clever enough to distinguish proven facts from emotions/hearsay and distance themselves from clan-based paranoia.

It seems you don't know but she is from SL ,,,,

Second, i was in Hargeisa when the incident happened and i was not following the story from distance but been living with it ,,,,,,, so i know everything about the story. Now don't get nuts ,,,,,

I can agree anything happened to Zamzam but RAPE is a naked lie walaalo if you listen to me ,,,, i'm against what happened to the young lady from A to Z ,,, and SL government was wrong ,,,, but when you speak about RAPE then i'm sure it is not true ,,,,,,,,,,,,

depends on which websites you were using to follow up the issue and seems you were using the same clan-based accusations you are giving me.

don't be so nervious but you should examine the incident at least in a fair way.