Sign in to follow this  
Waaq

All those with a possible interest in grad school/research!

Waaq   

The opportunity to meet and work with faculty in your area of interest is perhaps the most important factor in gaining acceptance to grad school.

For those who are interested. My university conducts a Summer Research Opportunity program. Your room and board are paid, and you receive a stipend of $3000 for the summer. It is a good way to get to know faculty. I have heard that of those who went through the program, the acceptance rate to grad school is far higher than the norm.

This is their website, http://www.grad.berkeley.edu/gop/srop.shtml

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Zakariye   

s/alaykum

Waq, all i have to say to you is ,thank you so very much for all your interest in advancing the possiblities of the somali ppl, that is very nice of you and thanks for sharing with us, oh by the way that reminds me there was a nomad who used to be in this Sol site , he used to inform us about how to get scholarships,how to pursue a higher degree or knowldege and since that man is gone i appreciate for all your interest in us, and thank you.I hope you take his position and inform us as much as you can. By the way if you are going to saty this site , that brother was King450. Wlc brother and have fun. Ppl take advantage for this information.

c/salaam

Bachelor   

SXB Waaq, Thank you so much for this valuable information, which money cant buy. By the way i have heard that before from one of my Ethiopian Freind. I thought it was merely a rumors or wishful thinking, though you proof me wrong. As a silicon Valley residance such a deal in my own back yard is simply IRRESISTABLE . Once again MAHADSANIID and keep up the good work.