Sign in to follow this  
True2truth

Is insult replacing flattery?

Why is it so easy for people to believe in discouraging comments vs encouraging comments? I recently emailed someone an note where I expressed my thoughts about how well they do things but the reply I got back was astonishing to me.

Have this society grown to be so cynical/ sarcastic, where the only flattery accepted is the mean spirited comments vs. accepting sincere truthful comments?

what's ur take on this?

I recently emailed someone an note where I expressed my thoughts about how well they do things but the reply I got back was astonishing to me.

Was he a man ?? :D

Nephissa   

Awww Siphon, you poor thing. Was he Somali? :D , bad move..bad, bad! Beware the dangers of flattering Somali men, some honestly think that you're attacking them. Waa Dhoongo-yaal [to borrow it from Blessed]. Don't sweat it my friend, without the dhoongos you would never appreciate the good.

Ha ha ha @ Somali men.

While I can not tell u who that person is, I will tell u this much about the person in question, this personal is a pleasant being in person but lacking the esteem to accept anything :( me prayers are with them

To expand this topic, this syndrome affects MOST of the Somali people.

I have noticed on many occasions where is hard for Somali individual to give/accept deserving encouraging comments however always prepared with their discouraging and cynical comments.

Just the other day we went to a Somali restaurant and the table next to us as they were leaving offered an awful discouraging comment about the food and left no tip for the poor man :( .

Mind you we had a great time being there. The food was great and the service was great However the people around us not so great!

just wished that the somali people were more supportive of one another.