Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Rafael Benítez leaves Liverpool - goodbye

nuune   

Liverpool have confirmed the departure of their manager Rafael Benítez. The club released a statement this afternoon saying the Spaniard is to leave the club "by mutual consent".

"It is very sad for me to announce that I will no longer be manager of Liverpool FC," Benítez said. "I would like to thank all of the staff and players for their efforts.

"I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Rafael-Benitez-006.jpg

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

read more

nuune   

^^ you meant the boards of management orchestrated his downfall, they never had good relationship to begin with, and as we know, good relationship between the manager and the directors are as important as the top players in the club, you can't work while the owners aren't ready for any progress, only concentrating how they will sell the club.

BOB   

I can't believe Rafa is gone...I will certainly miss him as he was the greatest manager Liverpool ever had.

Peace, Love & Unity.