Sign in to follow this  
Holac

Defund the UN

Holac   

The usual suspects are running around trying to fathom what just happened. :)

----

Sen. Lindsey Graham says he will propose a measure to pull all American funding for the United Nations over the resolution passed on Friday by the U.N. Security Council that condemned Israeli settlements, CNN reports. "It's that important to me," Graham reportedly said. "This is a road we haven't gone down before. If you can't show the American people that international organizations can be more responsible, there is going to be a break. And I am going to lead that break." He added, "I will do everything in my power, working with the new administration and Congress, to leave no doubt about where America stands when it comes to the peace process and where we stand with the only true democracy in the Middle East, Israel." The U.S., which has veto power, abstained in the 14-0 vote. President-elect Donald Trump adamantly opposed the measure, in alliance with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Trump tweeted on Friday, "Things will be different after Jan. 20th."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/12/24/graham-defund-u-n-after-israel-vote.html?via=mobile&source=copyurl