Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Ali Khalif - I am Holding Talks With Somaliland

Dr_Osman   

Ali khalif for the first time in history has actually spoken the truth and says his issues with puntland are related to political power sharing as I always knew. Read it here

http://www.qurbejoog.com/2014/05/04/reerkaa-tolkeenna-ah-puntland-midda-la-isku-hayaa-waa-waxayga-iyo-waxaagaba-aan-cuno-danta-naga-dhaxaysaana-waa-noo-muuqataa-laakiin-cali-khaliif/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=lasoco

Dr_Osman   

So know the SSC politicians are actually talking about their real issues, what are possible strategies for Puntland in order to address powersharing concerns with the folks of SSC who we share clan,economic, geography, political links.

I propose the following system which will need to be adopted by the whole sahal family through are sahal lobby and managed by our regional government Puntland and Jubbaland. The power sharing formula I am thinking of is the following;

The ruling clan president of Puntland and Jubbaland cannot run for the top seat in mogadishu. So this will knock out the macavities and cagdhers. The sahal seat in mogadishu must be shared along the second biggest clans among sahal the gedo and sool boys. So I would like to see rotation system in mogadishu of gedo and sool if macavities and cagdheers are ruling presidents of puntland and jubbaland. This system is also adaptable for example if the gedo folks are ruling jubaland and sool folks are ruling puntland they also cant run for the sahal seat in mogadishu.

I believe this will satisfy the 4 major clans among sahal primarily gedo,sool,macavities, and cagdheers. As for the smaller clans like galdogob,makhir,waciye they can be told that they will have ministerial posts at a federal and state level. I think this can solve all the political nonsenses among sahal for good and focus our attention on the things that truly matter the nation.

Does anyone else know of any other powersharing mechanism. Forget MP sharing and that stuff because Puntland is going to be multi party, so it's irrelevant. I think with the new party system this will be an excellent way for all tribes to get the presidency since candidates of each party need to be endorsed within that party and that could be any clan, I am sure the endorsements of candidates will be selected carefully in order to maintain the federal and state power sharing among sahal so there isnt a conflict. Why doesnt anyone among sahal see that it's better we share power rather then continously squablle. It is kind of silly of us to point the finger at mogadishu, when we cant even share among ourself or for example gaas pointing the finger at the sfg for breaking the constitution, but puntland breaks its constitutional obligations to defend ssc. We need to stop this bad policies it looks childish in a way one of the severe weaknesses in sahal.

Does anyone else have any sahal power sharing that can satisfy all the clan family and please take into consideration that the power sharing model will need to be inclusive of federal and state levels and balanced.

Dr_Osman   

the same former puntland minister of fishery was interviewed at buhodle earlier this year after gaas won government and he was talking about how he is looking for positions in somaliland looool. I guess there was no jobs available in somaliland, his a khatumo candidate kkkkk