Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Aaron Ramsey

Oz   

I have just seen the incident on the youtube video, if anyone tries to witchhunt Shawcross for that, they are bang out of order, it wasnt a mailcious tackle at all, it was a 50/50 tackle, both players went for the ball and very sadly for Aaron Ramsey a horrific accident has occured, i wish Ramsey a speedy recovery and the thoughts of all the football fraternity should be with him after this incident today.

I really feel for Shawcross, the tackle had no malice in it whatsoever, it wasn't a Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes assualt was it? It was a ball there to be won by both players and very sadly in Ramsey's case something like this has occured, i felt for Shawcross at the end though, the lad must be totally distraught and i hope the hate mob and death threat senders don't force this promising young defenders career into oblivion. Football is a physical sport and there will be contact, had he deliberately gone in two footed on Ramsey with malice, then you could argue its another story, but anyone calling for this lad to be sent to the courts etc is totally out of order.

I wish a safe and hopefully very speedy recovery for Ramsey, both for the sake of Arsenal and for Wales (he is possibly the best young talent they have produced since Ryan Giggs).