Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

Life in Chains: The Plight of Somalia's Mentally Ill

YoniZ   

This sadly is one in a long list of tragic post-trauma symptoms.

It will be wise to focus on treating the cause rather than concentrate on symptomatic treatment.

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;981921 wrote:
You fool Safferz, stealing my thunder dee! i beat you to that article!

lol sorry, I didn't see dee :P

Khayr   

What a great piece of "unbiased and factual stats based" research article that Saff posted.

I saw shackles, a black slave and a hyena waiting to eat him. After all, Somalis feed there mentally ill kin folks to the hyenas.

Safferz   

Khayr;982450 wrote:
What a great piece of "unbiased and factual stats based" research article that Saff posted.

I saw shackles, a black slave and a hyena waiting to eat him. After all, Somalis feed there mentally ill kin folks to the hyenas.

So take it up with the BBC, send them an email from the comfort of your home and tell them what the Xamar mental health hospital staff and other mental health professionals are dealing with doesn't actually exist.

Khayr   

I don't recall BBC having come on here and posting that bs of an article.

Rather, it was you that shared and spewed that article. So take responsibility for swallowing their story entirely.

Mistreatments are wrong but high lighting them and putting a magnifying glass on them is propaganda.

We are tainted with so many negatives and for once, I thought that you be sensitive to that. After all, you are a Ph.D. candidate in History!