Sign in to follow this  
somalee

Waqooyi Somali Galbeed = Nation of Poets

somalee   

Waa hoyga suugaanta, hiddaha iyo dhaqanka. Maadaama qofka bina aadamka ah waxa ugu weyn ee xikmmadiisa lagu qiyaasi karo tahay af tahannimadiisa iyo hal abuurkiisa. Waxaa la odhan karaa bulshooyinka ugu horeeya xagaas waa kuwa waqooyi iyo Soomaali galbeed ku nool.

In my opinion when Somalia is often referred to as ''Nation of Poets', it's only because of the aforementioned communities.

Dood wacan.

Its true that many poets and song writers are from those regions how ever poetry is not limited there in Somalia there are all sort of styles of poetry and poets all they way down south it just depends on what you prefer.

somalee   

Xaaji Xunjuf;909507 wrote:
Its true that many poets and song writers are from those regions how ever poetry is not limited there in Somalia there are all sort of styles of poetry and poets all they way down south it just depends on what you prefer.

Poetry in this context is gabay. I think 'buraanbur' widely practised in the South is also a form of poetry.

somalee   

Che -Guevara;909515 wrote:
Somalee....Your defination of sugaanta seems limited n how much do you know about the south, for instance May May poets?

Bro, I was only interested in the nickname 'Nation of Poets' and it's emergence. Whenever poetry is discussed, mostly personalities from these communities are cited. With regards to suugaanta, I only said waa hoyga suugaanta.

Gabay can be divided into 4 sections geeraar and maanso afaray Gole ka fuul mostly done in Somaliland and galbeed and guurow&shirib mostly done in Southern Somalia , while buranbur is strictly for woman all over the Somali peninsula.

Sign in to follow this