Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Somaliland: The Lurking Challenge to the Myth of Nationhood

Abtigiis   

I can confirm that I and Mrs Abtiigiis invited JB for great Ethiopian lunch and therefore I feel more secure. On behalf of myself and madam, we thank JB for the company.

Ayoub, where did I say the challenges are insurmountable and the way to resolve them is to join Somalia. Not that I disagree with your conclusion there but where is it written?

AYOUB   

JB, who told you? Dahabo aka Jerrican-baro? :) Go show me how good you are, have a guess.. :)

AYOUB   

Abtigiis;849507 wrote:
where did I say the challenges are insurmountable and the way to resolve them is to join Somalia. Not that I disagree with your conclusion there but where is it written?

In your opening post. See refresher bellow..

But Somaliland is gradually finding itself stalked by the exclusivity of the myths that it relied on to nurture the distinctive identity and history it craved for a long time. If the heroes of the nation have to be the heroes for the entire nation, they need to be representative of all of the regions of Somaliland. But this is an impossible task.

Quite clearly, Somaliland has done well in carving the necessary myth for a nation but it may need to reshuffle some of its founding myths, its heroes and its history. The problem is such renovation portends the demise of Somaliland’s alleged distinctiveness and by extension its nationhood.

AYOUB;849510 wrote:
JB, who told you? Dahabo aka Jerrican-baro?
:)
Go show me how good you are, have a guess..
:)

Where are the Suldaanka & Redsea when you need them ,,,,, :D

Abtigiis   

Waryaa JB, how soon? :D

But you know I didn't like this one and didn't eat much. Too oily although vegetarian, except the doro wot.

Ayoub, I am saying if they renovate their history, they may find themselves in tricky situation. if they don't, they will too. It is a catch 22 thing, but I did not say it is insurmountable.

AYOUB   

^ Oh you only said impossible, soo maaha?

JB, You think I was Suldaanka and Redsea? I'm proud to be asscociated with one of them, I can tell you that. Even the admin knows one is from Australia and the other North America. How poor is your Azanian informer? ::)

Waryaa just focus on what A&T is up to not me. That's what you're paid to do. :)

AYOUB   

Innalilah! You're not the first to link me to my cousin from Down-under. I'm sure he is a close relative. :) But Buraaha? Waar ma ninka jiritaanka Allah SWT dood ku leh? Even naive Carafat would not fall for that. :) The guy believes the SL flag in my avatar should be changed because it has the Kalimah written on it!! I'd rather be confused with Malika even in her swimming costume, to be frank.

Edit

NGONGE, go on. Spill the beans please.,